I'm working on a bare bones Tele build with one Humbucker in the bridge and that's it. One tone, one volume, the switch will be wired for various gain stages. I need some recommendations of pickups to put in the bridge spot. The band mostly does alternative rock and classic rock and our originals are all in the same vain, I play through an analog board and I go back and forth between Peavey and Fender Tube amps. Any advice will be taken and appreciated!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Same vein. Not vain.

My recommendation is a Suhr Aldrich bridge pickup.
Do I only get one?
Railhammer pickups might be a good choice, i have the Hammer/chisel combo in a guitar and can't say enough good about them.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Duncan JB JR sounds great in a tele, I had one put on a tele base plate so it would fit in the bridge and it sounded really nice
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Tom Anderson H2+
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Nicest compliment on my looks:
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Putting the 'sex' in 'convicted sex offender'.
Classic rock was done with humbuckers was mostly done with PAF's of some description. I would go with a slightly hot PAF wound between 8.3k and 9.5k with a long A5 magnet. Something like a Duncan 59 would be adequate but something like a BKP Black Dog would be a whole lot better. The Dimarzio makes a few PAF style pickups that would be OK too.
Not taking any online orders.
I like the Duncan JB or Custom for a 1 pickup guitar. A tone knob comes in handy, though.
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
no need to go exotic unless you feel the need, -your audience can't tell one brand of pick-up from another. that said, imo, nearly any moderate output SD would fit the bill.
Last edited by ad_works at Feb 1, 2016,