All right, I'll try to explain it best I can (since I have never had GP5 installed, I will have to settle for guessing). First off, is it trying to chord the tab itself, or is it putting the chords into a tab form? Essentially, writing a tab or just the chords for the song?
Quote by CherokeShredder
All right, I'll try to explain it best I can (since I have never had GP5 installed, I will have to settle for guessing). First off, is it trying to chord the tab itself, or is it putting the chords into a tab form? Essentially, writing a tab or just the chords for the song?

Ahh...?
It's tab. I just want someone to turn it into tab so I can play in the background while playing with a recording of me playing the tab.
i think he just wants chords that will go with the tab so he can play the chords and play the tab over the chords
I see, I see. All right, I will actually leave this up to Ayreon, if he wants to take on the task. Unfortunately, I myself am in the middle of tabbing out quite a selection of songs, so I can't really focus on it. All I can say is, best of luck with your endeavors. Personally, I would try to tab out the song with keeping in mind that a capo is used, but I would label it out without the capo. So for example, the capo is on the third fret. I would just tab it out without paying attention to capo at all (barre and power chords aplenty heh)

I apologize if this didn't help much at all ><
Dibs in the next two hours.
Glad to cross paths with you on this adventure called life
Quote by Jet Penguin
lots of flirting with the other key without confirming. JUST LIKE THEIR LOVE IN THE MOVIE OH DAMN.
Quote by Hail
you're acting like you have perfect pitch or something
oh ha ha sorry i was busy, but yea if i haven't committed to doing it. NeoMvsEu don,t wait for me just go for it, and tab looks great as always.
Last edited by ayreon77 at Jan 29, 2016,

Life does what it does!
Quote by Jet Penguin
lots of flirting with the other key without confirming. JUST LIKE THEIR LOVE IN THE MOVIE OH DAMN.
Quote by Hail
You should buy lonlonjp's sheet music. That has tab.

If you tested the tab and like it, you should rate it, too!
Quote by Jet Penguin
Quote by Hail
Quote by NeoMvsEu
You should buy lonlonjp's sheet music. That has tab.

If you tested the tab and like it, you should rate it, too!

Haha alright, thanks! and yes, I love it. <3
This is why the community thrives: we help each other out when we can, if we can...well, some of us.

Can vouch for lonlonjp's credibility with tab and sheet music
It's a skill that takes time and development, but it can happen. ...hell, it took me a very long while just to be able to tab out everything by ear instead of relying on others' work for them
Am | G | Fmaj7 | G6 | Am | G | Fmaj7 | G |
Am | G | Fmaj7 | G6 | Am | G | Fmaj7 | Em |

G | Cmaj7 Cadd9 | G | Fmaj7 |
G7 | Am | Fmaj7 | C | G | Esus4 (Am/E Asus4) |

(transition)
Am | Fmaj7 | G |

Am | Fmaj7 | C | G | Asus4 | Am | Fmaj7 | G |

Am
Quote by Jet Penguin
Quote by Hail
Quote by NeoMvsEu
Am | G | Fmaj7 | G6 | Am | G | Fmaj7 | G |
Am | G | Fmaj7 | G6 | Am | G | Fmaj7 | Em |

G | Cmaj7 Cadd9 | G | Fmaj7 |
G7 | Am | Fmaj7 | C | G | Esus4 (Am/E Asus4) |

(transition)
Am | Fmaj7 | G |

Am | Fmaj7 | C | G | Asus4 | Am | Fmaj7 | G |

Am

OMG YOU LITERALLY ARE A LEGEND! THANKS SO MUCH! You are relieved from duty!

Okay guys, I have a bit of a harder project. Check it out. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=33803741#post33803741
SAO project? Interesting. Unfortunately, the only little bits of piano and keyboard I know are not really enough to tab it out efficiently or much. Perhaps someone else can help. Sorry if that doesn't help any >.<

-Sharky
Guitar is less suited for large broken chords, particularly those that go below 5-string bass B. The creative processes are different enough that changing the entire thing to a guitar duet wouldn't do it justice, even if you had a seven-string.

I'd suggest an arrangement instead of a transcription in this case, because you are changing the instrumentation significantly. And I'd do it paid. Seven minutes of instrumental music is a lot.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Quote by Hail
Maybe a 8 or 9 stringer, though? Might that work, Neo? (sorry if you were just using the 7 string as an example to prove the point instead)

Also, yeah. Screw the "free" concept with that.

-Sharky
I certainly can't, good sir, so sorry. It seems Neo's suggestion would be best, to just go for another arrangement of it entirely
Not even using one guitar? Even if the pianos sounds low, can't you do guitar octaves? I don't mind that.
See, the main thing I have trouble with the piano/keyboard songs is, I don't have perfect pitch or musical hearing, so I do falter on notes quite a bit. Unfortunately, I am too hyper right now to try and tab out the song. Maybe next time, eh? Again, I apologize.
Quote by CherokeShredder
See, the main thing I have trouble with the piano/keyboard songs is, I don't have perfect pitch or musical hearing, so I do falter on notes quite a bit. Unfortunately, I am too hyper right now to try and tab out the song. Maybe next time, eh? Again, I apologize.

Nah, all good. I understand it's a hard song and yeah, I don't have perfect pitch or good eats. Thanks anyways.
Which is why I suggested perhaps Neo take it up. She has training and perfect pitch that I will never want to have, so she might do best with it. I understand if she doesn't wish to do it, but it is a thought.
Quote by CherokeShredder
Which is why I suggested perhaps Neo take it up. She has training and perfect pitch that I will never want to have, so she might do best with it. I understand if she doesn't wish to do it, but it is a thought.

So wait, to make it sound exactly the same, I need to buy a 12 string?
Quote by CherokeShredder
Certainly not. It is just much trickier to alternate from piano/keyboards to guitars, is all heh

Oh. :/
What about this song? Tabs and chords will be nice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jA4GvMtHhs

Instrumental (this will help)
https://soundcloud.com/nijigenki/unravel-acoustic-piano-instrumental
Last edited by austin.rivera.1 at Feb 12, 2016,
Oh. you have the instrumental part to it. Well, I'll definitely take a look and see if I can do something at least, even if it's just chords heh