Everyone selling their guitars keep saying that the guitar is easy to play and so on. What makes this difference? What are a typical guitar that is HARD to play?
Quote by Skotland
What makes this difference? What are a typical guitar that is HARD to play?

Whether it's set up well or not. Also that it can be set up properly in the first place, meaning the neck isn't twisted, nut is filed correctly, the frets are all level, and whatever else might present an issue.
Tiny deviations can make a difference, and sometimes lower end guitars have flaws here. The nut in particular is a frequent weak point on cheap guitars (which thankfully can be remedied with little money).

Also a lot of people seem to prefer relatively thick fret wire, but that's a matter of taste and/or habit, much like many other things, like neck shape. I, for example, am extremely finicky about string spacing at the bridge.
Some guitars with odd body shapes will make it difficult, or will neck dive on you.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Generally speaking I've found many players who state that Strats are hard to play; I've not found that to be the case, it's more a matter of preference and of course how the guitar is set up.
Telecasters have always been my favorite for ease of playing.
When they say that a guitar is easy to play, it can mean various things.

If they are selling it, it's obviously just marketing.

Other than that, it can mean that the guitar is properly setup as said above. Low action without fret buzz, good fret job, nut properly cut/filled, etc.

Taking ONLY the setup into account, as long as it is good, any guitar is playable.

Now, there are other factors that come into play. Body shape, neck shape, neck radius, how fat/thin the neck is, weight of the guitar, etc. This factors are all subjective. Some people prefer fatter necks with a low neck radius, but I prefer thin necks with a compound radius or a high radius for example (the higher the radius, the flatter the fingerboard is). The guitars that feel comfortable to me may not feel comfortable to you.
once the guitars are all set up properly to YOUR taste .... then it's just a matter of what feel you like such as ,size , weight , body shape , fret size , neck size and radius ..... what ever it takes to make YOU a happy player ... everyone is different
I know a few people that find an ES-175 hard to play because it's so big. Even some for whom a 335 is too big. Other than that, I think the guitars that I most often perceive as hard to play are guitars that aren't kept in shape well, with dried out fretboards etc.

Model wise, I could see people not liking an explorer for size. Oh, and personally, a Bass VI by Fender/Squier. They're a special kind of guitar, but they don't play as nice as regular guitars or basses in my opinion. They seem to have the worst of both.
Quote by DanyFS
When they say that a guitar is easy to play, it can mean various things.

If they are selling it, it's obviously just marketing.

Other than that, it can mean that the guitar is properly setup as said above. Low action without fret buzz, good fret job, nut properly cut/filled, etc.

Taking ONLY the setup into account, as long as it is good, any guitar is playable.

Now, there are other factors that come into play. Body shape, neck shape, neck radius, how fat/thin the neck is, weight of the guitar, etc. This factors are all subjective. Some people prefer fatter necks with a low neck radius, but I prefer thin necks with a compound radius or a high radius for example (the higher the radius, the flatter the fingerboard is). The guitars that feel comfortable to me may not feel comfortable to you.

+3.1415 i couldn't have said it better myself.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/