Id like to know if it is a possibility to change the stoptail on my PRS Tremonti SE to a tremolo. Ive seen that schaller make such a thing. I absolutely love my guitar and although its only the SE version it sounds great and is very special to me so i dont just want to sell a buy a PRS already equipped. Im attached to this guitar very much, but would like to add a tremolo.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Lee
I'd imagine it may be cheaper to buy another Prs Se with a trem?

Don't they do an SC trem version?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Kahler makes a stud mount, not sure if any routing is required but even a standard mount Kahler requires only a minimum amount of routing. Looks much better than the stud mount Floyd IMO.

https://www.kahlerusa.com/stud-mount-tremolos-bridges
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by Evilnine
Kahler makes a stud mount, not sure if any routing is required but even a standard mount Kahler requires only a minimum amount of routing. Looks much better than the stud mount Floyd IMO.

https://www.kahlerusa.com/stud-mount-tremolos-bridges

Kahlers require routing (7/8" - 1" depth), but only on the front of the guitar.

The best place to get information regarding Kahlers is http://www.wammiworld.com
There's no spring cavity on the back of the guitar. They do require a behind-the-nut string lock, but you don't have to make a "shelf" at the nut position on the neck to accommodate a locking nut.

The nice thing about the new hybrid Kahlers is that you can lock them down and use them like a hardtail if you like.

I tried the Floyd FRX again at NAMM this year and STILL have problems liking it.
Last edited by dspellman at Jan 29, 2016,
I would just sell it and get one routed for trem. You'll find another SE that feels and plays the same.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Its so much easier (and more cost-effective) to just get a guitar that has a trem by default. Putting a trem in a guitar that originally never had one is super expensive and has all kinds of potential problems.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
get another PRS SE with a trem then you will have 2 guitars and everyone knows 2 is better than one. You can get a used PRS SE with a trem for $300 which will be cheaper than buying a trem then paying to have it installed properly. you can figure at least $200 in labor for the swap and it could go higher.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
get another PRS SE with a trem then you will have 2 guitars and everyone knows 2 is better than one. You can get a used PRS SE with a trem for $300 which will be cheaper than buying a trem then paying to have it installed properly. you can figure at least $200 in labor for the swap and it could go higher.

Plus a similar figure for the trem itself.

Essentially, buying used will save TS $100.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Plus a similar figure for the trem itself.

Essentially, buying used will save TS $100.

Yeah, a good trem will cost well over $100 new, the PRS is even more ($325.49) http://us.prsaccessories.com/collections/bridges/products/prs-tremolo-bridge
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Can't you just bend it with your fret hand?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by slapsymcdougal
At least it's cheaper than the 12-string adjustable stoptail bridge..

I know right

I love my old CE22, but I will have to say the money you pay for a PRS you would think the nickel platting on the bridge would be better, my trem saddles and some other parts are completely brass colored now
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate