I'm curious about this guitar and I would like to know your opinions, if you have any. IMO it looks really nice and it's not expensive. It also comes with nice accessories and features, but my main concern are the pickups. There are just 3 videos about it in YouTube. You can check http://www.gelvinguitars.com/products.html for more info.
I have never heard of this brand but I don't like the look of it. I find it kind of ugly and fairly expensive.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
From the reviews I have seen they are pretty awesome guitars and if you have seen Will's channel on youtube he clearly knows his stuff when it comes to guitars.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
Quote by N1ghtmar3C1n3ma
From the reviews I have seen they are pretty awesome guitars and if you have seen Will's channel on youtube he clearly knows his stuff when it comes to guitars.

I can't tell anything from YouTube or "reviews."
Putting a 3+3 style headstock on a Strat style body is a great way to make sure I'll never buy your guitar.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by dspellman
I can't tell anything from YouTube or "reviews."

He has a load of videos that go into the way a guitar works from all the individual components and the instrument as a whole, quite a few tutorials on how to do various things as well.

Like I said, he clearly knows his stuff.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
I find them kinda ugly. I wouldn't buy one

You can not tell the quality or playability of them from a youtube video. They might be great guitars or they might suck beyond belief, without trying one it is all assuming
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Why is everyone assuming I am talking about knowing about the quality and playability from Youtube videos? I was talking about Will's Youtube channel which he talks about various things to do with guitars, building them and the like.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Quote by N1ghtmar3C1n3ma
Why is everyone assuming I am talking about knowing about the quality and playability from Youtube videos? I was talking about Will's Youtube channel which he talks about various things to do with guitars, building them and the like.

Because you posted this: "From the reviews I have seen they are pretty awesome guitars........"

seems you think they are pretty awesome from your post
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Interesting, but probably not my personal cup of tea. I don't see anything wrong with them, though.

However, I'm amused that several of the guitars they tout are for musicians/celebs not known for their guitar playing (Dale Bozzio, Andrew "Dice" Clay) and studio musicians (Jamie Glaser). But it is tough getting endorsements for a small guitar company.

Putting a 3+3 style headstock on a Strat style body is a great way to make sure I'll never buy your guitar.

Aesthetics or practicality?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Well, the luthier seems to know what's he's doing, and if he commits to quality and applies his knowledge, I'm pretty sure he can make great guitars. But that can also not be the case.

What surprises me the most is that the Gelvin Orion, at 998 dollars, is quite cheap for a US made guitar. The guy also accepts doing many "custom" changes to his guitars and he's not charging extra for those.

I don't know about luthiers, but the only other relatively cheap guitar company I know is Carvin and they're certainly more expensive, even the cheap DC127 with the addition of a Floyd Rose goes a little above one thousand dollars. And most changes you make are charged extra, even pretty lame ones what should cost 0.
Last edited by ivanfoofoo at Jan 30, 2016,
I know of a few American luthiers whose base models start or used to start right around $1000 a few years ago. Most have raised their entry level to @$1200-1500 these days.

So it isn't out of the realm of possibility that the low prices are a way to build a reputation and get some traction in the market.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
It's quite possible, but that's an opportunity, that's why I'm asking about it...
Just joined, but doesn't it concern anybody that there are almost NO independent reviews anywhere...seems there are troubles...only say this because I was looking myself and cant find anything positive, except from his camp
I bought one & its a joke. Sure, he CAN build a nice one, Ive seen them. But he obviously blew through mine & called it good.
Quote by Riff1234
I bought one & its a joke. Sure, he CAN build a nice one, Ive seen them. But he obviously blew through mine & called it good.

pics? specs?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/