I'm noticing more and more tabs in the approval queue that are blatant copy-and-pastes of other tabs. In some cases they are simply posted as version 8 (or whatever they're at) of the same song, other times they are attributed to a different artist. I'm starting to keep track: there are several people doing this, however the same user has made multiple offences and even has tabs on the site that are identical to previous versions.

Just wondering what the UG Community thinks of this. I always reject the duplicates and make reference to the original source that was copied.
Unfortunately, some of the more active users are guilty of this.

However, if you're talking uke vs. guitar chords (or any combination of different types of submissions), that's fair game so long as the guitar chord chart doesn't have uke tab/fingerings and vice versa
Glad to cross paths with you on this adventure called life
Quote by Jet Penguin
lots of flirting with the other key without confirming. JUST LIKE THEIR LOVE IN THE MOVIE OH DAMN.
Quote by Hail
you're acting like you have perfect pitch or something
I wish I were only referring to uke chords. I was kind of surprised people could get away with copy and pasting those as it happened to a few of my chords tabs but I've let it go.

No, I mean guitar chords, copied from the highest rated version on the site, and submitted as a new submission as another guitar chords tab.
Okay, other people taking your work and submitting it as their own uke chord is definitely frustrating, but you have to understand that the uke chord charts and guitar ones don't look the same, and only by making an actual uke chord chart (even yourself) is the only way around this.

The second thing is full BS. Care to bring it up in the Contributor's Group Forums? Probably this one.
Glad to cross paths with you on this adventure called life
Quote by Jet Penguin
lots of flirting with the other key without confirming. JUST LIKE THEIR LOVE IN THE MOVIE OH DAMN.
Quote by Hail
you're acting like you have perfect pitch or something
Quote by NeoMvsEu
Okay, other people taking your work and submitting it as their own uke chord is definitely frustrating, but you have to understand that the uke chord charts and guitar ones don't look the same, and only by making an actual uke chord chart (even yourself) is the only way around this.

I somewhat disagree. Most uke charts I've seen are direct copies of an existing guitar chart. I understand the fingerings are different, and they do show up differently when you submit a uke tab. I just think that if the same tab with nothing changed is going to be submitted as a uke tab, credit should go where credit is deserved. But like I said, I'm over it, I don't care enough to further pursue the matter.

Quote by NeoMvsEu
The second thing is full BS. Care to bring it up in the Contributor's Group Forums? Probably this one.

Thanks, I did.