hi guys been struggling with this issue with my charvel so cal mim guitar. bought it new about a year ago and has been doing this for the entire time ive had it

the high e string is making this stupid sound

recorded it - http://www52.zippyshare.com/v/s1svAZiP/file.html

the sound seems to oscillate faster the higher up the fretboard i go. it really goes wild past the 12th fret

it dissapears when i change strings but comes back after just a few days

i have tried different gauge strings/brands

raised pickups and action to pretty much every configuration

does it on both pickups

tried on multiple amps + into daw via soundcard into guitar rig . still does exact same thing im certain it is a guitar problem

any ideas? i have seen people mention this problem before but never any resolution

anything would be greatly appreciated because as u can hear it is literally unplayable on the e string (((

thanks alot
Your intonation needs adjusting.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
so i just got the intonation set up again by a guitar store. they said it was pretty much spot on to begin with and have also restrung it. same problem has come back just a few days after the new strings have set in
ok so im trying to adjust the intonation myself and something i have run into that the store didnt mention is even with the locking nut undone and the string downtuned + intonation screw undone i can barely move the saddle back or forward at all its like super tight? even with the intonation screw removed it takes immense force to push it back to the point where i cannot get the screw in. any ideas?
hmm nope all the other saddles are absolutely fine and pretty easy to move but the high e is literally stiff as anything can only just push it back with all my force and a screwdriver pushing the saddle. do you think this is why the string is making that crazy sound in the first place? have i been sold a faullty guitar
This definitely has nothing to do with intonation. As you have already tried adjusting the pickup and action height, the problem must come from the bridge. Either the string is rattling within its saddle or the saddle is rattling on the base plate. Either way, you should start by simply switching out the saddle with another one (from the b string for example).

Judging from the fact that the saddle is also stuck, I'm guessing the problem is located in the contact area between the saddle and the bridge base plate.
Quote by niterampbadboy
hmm nope all the other saddles are absolutely fine and pretty easy to move but the high e is literally stiff as anything can only just push it back with all my force and a screwdriver pushing the saddle. do you think this is why the string is making that crazy sound in the first place? have i been sold a faullty guitar

sometimes people will overtighten the saddle locking screw causing it to burrow into the bottom side of the base plate. metal gets pushed into the slot as well jamming things up. this makes a "pocket" so to speak, preventing the screw and saddle from moving when the screw is loosened. if you have this going on (and to what degree) the best way to deal with that aside from getting a new base plate, is to take the thing apart and file down the dis-placed metal so that the screw head and saddle can move again.

diy it, or take it to a better shop that knows what they are doing.

can't really comment on the "crazy sound" i just hear a beat note, and some fret buzz, and bad intonation. sorry.
this sounds like a nightmare. going to take it to the guitar store in the next few days again as i explained the problem to them before and they just put new strings on and it went away for about 5 days then came back. i guess ill tell them to fix it without restringing this time :P