What would you say if my neck played ok with a bit of fret buzz. Action is comfortable. Intonation is good.

But it looks (visually) like my neck has got a bow around 5th fret to the headstock.

I can't figure it out. I took a day and set this floyd rose up including me messing with the truss rod.

I put a capo on the first fret. Hold the 24th fret or even the 12 fret and i can lightly tap the around the 8/10th fret or 6/7th fret respectively on the high E.

That whole example of how how much room should be under the fret when fretting the first fret and the last fret didn't make much sense. I really had to crank on the truss rod to see a significant change. i just got it completely flat and then adjust the truss rod until i could barely have any space under the high e when fretting first and last fret.

My OCD is driving me nuts though. if i play it looks like the neck is bent more than when i take my hands off of it.

Just looking at it makes me want to dick with it some more and it it was really a huge pain in the ass to get it setup this well.

Thoughts?
I think the proper way is holding the first fret and the fret where the neck meets the body (depends on the guitar, usually around 17-19th fret) and look between frets 7 and 9 on the Low E. If there is a slight space between the Low E and those frets, you're fine. If the Low E string touches those frets, you need to loosen the truss rod. If there is too much space between the string and the frets, you need to tighten it a bit.

That's how I do it and it has always worked...
Last edited by DanyFS at Jan 29, 2016,
To add to that, you have to wait a bit for the wood to settle after each small adjustment to the truss rod. quarter to a half turn, let it sit a half hour.
Based on your first sentence, it sounds like it's all good. Yes, some bow is usually desirable not too much of course. To check it using the string you would hold or capo on the first fret and either the last or the 17th fret (there's no consensus) and then look at how much space there is on the 8th fret. You may want to check with your guitar manufacturer what they recommend. They may even tell you exactly how much relief there should be. It's usually said that it should be between the thickness of a business card and a credit card.