Hi, I have a bit of an issue with fret buzz and I just need a bit of help getting rid of it. I have a Strat, and the buzz is only occurring on the tenth fret of the low E string. Any help on how to get rid of it is greatly appreciated. Cheers
If it's only the 10th fret and nothing else, then you have a high fret. You'll have to level it.
Not the 10th fret but whatever fret is higher further up the neck. Make it worse if he filed the 10th fret. Maybe a fret that has popped up also which needs to be hammered back down. Or both. Between the 10th and 13th frets are always problematic with dead spots. Nowadays.

I did not know what fret noise was till the 70s.
Quote by yope
Not the 10th fret but whatever fret is higher further up the neck. Make it worse if he filed the 10th fret. Maybe a fret that has popped up also which needs to be hammered back down. Or both. Between the 10th and 13th frets are always problematic with dead spots. Nowadays.

I did not know what fret noise was till the 70s.

there is buzz with the higher notes but not as loud, but only on the low e string, everything else is fine. it starts around the fifth fret
Quote by bunjaba88988
there is buzz with the higher notes but not as loud, but only on the low e string, everything else is fine. it starts around the fifth fret

Have you checked the relief of your neck? In other words, is the truss rod properly adjusted?