Poll: Do you let friends borrow money?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you let friends borrow money?
Yes and they always pay me back
9 41%
Yes but I don't care if they don't pay me back
9 41%
Never
4 18%
Voters: 22.
Page 1 of 2
Whether it's $20 or $100+ what is your opinion on this?

Today a friend asked me this morning for money for the first time in years (no friend has asked me for money in years) since he came up short for his insurance payment but knowing he likes to spend money on weed now and then I politely declined with a white lie. Still I already know how these situations go when the time comes for them to pay you back it might get awkward.

I have never seen or heard neither of my parents asking friends or relatives for money because we came up short for things so it's just something I learned to do. Be more dependent and budget yourself.
i break into his house when he's not there and take some non-essential stuff that has value totalling the money he asks, then give it to him in a box saying "ebay is your friend"
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
either do collateral or give the loan with expectation of never getting back. it's funny how a $100 can cause animosity in a relationship.
Quote by whywefight at #33804432
Depends on who, how much, and what for.
This.

It also applies for the payback. There are some things I don't care if they pay me back, and some things I don't even want them to pay me back. There are others when I want them to pay back.
I like to imagine there's a sea of slightly tolerant white trash rednecks burning their confederate-flag adorned Pantera shirts and shaking their heads and drinking PBR together and muttering in a quiet drawl, 'we said heritage, not hate'

Fuck wrong thread but I spent like two minutes typing this on my phone so idgaf lmao
People always ask me to lend them money. I do it if I agree with what they are using it for and I wouldn't miss the amount I am lending them. Beyond that I don't care
cat
Real talks tho.
Is the app "Swish" a universal thing now?

Example: In town with the lads, beer and food. One lad pays the bill and everyone else sends him their share on swish. Send it to his phone number and it goes straight in to his bank account.

(nobody carries cash here)
Quote by UltimateGuizar
Real talks tho.
Is the app "Swish" a universal thing now?

Example: In town with the lads, beer and food. One lad pays the bill and everyone else sends him their share on swish. Send it to his phone number and it goes straight in to his bank account.

(nobody carries cash here)

But that's different though. You know exactly what your money is going to and a meal isn't something I expect my friends to pay me back for.
Quote by GuitarGod_92 at #33804489
I'll lend any amount of money to anyone

hey brah spare a twenty?
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I lend almost indiscriminately to friends. I just remembered a few days ago that my ex owes me $300 from last summer. I should be more careful with my money looooool.

It took ages for her to remember when I asked her about it 'cause she's dumb but hells yeah, I've got another $300 coming.
Last edited by chrismendiola at Jan 30, 2016,
Just testing
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Small amounts I don't care too much about (0-50). I give usually with a promise of paying it back, but I usually give with the intention that it's a gift. If they pay it back, cool, if not I don't harbor any animosity towards that person. Money is money, I'd rather not have paper come between me and my friends and fifty is nothing. If they don't pay me back and then ask me a month later for another 50 though, I'll straight up say no and why.

I only lend 50+ to people if it's seriously urgent. Friend late on his rent for the first time? I won't lend him money. He's got at least 3 months grace period, so it's not an urgent problem. I've never had a friend ask me for a whole lot of money, honestly.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

I am not often asked to lend people money so idk.

I'm responsible for paying rent and utilities at my house though so I put a lot of faith in my friends as it is.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
In before GG92 uses Lensherr's Paypal account to find his address and murder him.

How often do you lend money to people you wanna kill?
is she hot and will she put out if she doesn't repay you
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
for whatever reason my circle of friends is really good about paying each other back, though we usually just agree to pay it forward (cause it's a circle)
Quote by Eastwinn
for whatever reason my circle of friends is really good about paying each other back, though we usually just agree to pay it forward (cause it's a circle)

My group of friends is also a shape, but no shape in particular
No one ever asks me to lend them money, it's more "hey trade you a five for five $1's"
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Quote by chrismendiola
In before GG92 uses Lensherr's Paypal account to find his address and murder him.

How often do you lend money to people you wanna kill?

Let me lend you some money and we'll find out
Quote by whywefight at #33804432
Depends on who, how much, and what for.

Right now Im not lending shit to anyone though, I dont have money

fixed

same here, although if I consider you a friend it means I already trust you enough to give you a tenner or whatever if you need it. I'm not super concerned about or tight about money with my friends
lent by friend 600 to buy a new guitar.. we got this understanding where if he owes me money or vice-versa we pay each other back with either cash or if we are going to a party he buys the beer , till its paid off
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
I had a friend who would ask random people for a dollar and it worked every time.
It's not that he was poor or anything, he just needed to make a few quick bucks.
I let a friend borrow $150 a few years ago and still haven't gotten it back. I let it go for a while because of his financial situation but he's not very smart with his money. The only reason he's living comfortably is because of his girlfriend and her parents helping them out.

I defiantly think I need to say something next time I see him, it's getting ridiculous.
Depends, if it's a small amount to buy their lunch or to pay for parking or some small out of pocket expense, I have no problem, but if it gets over about 50 bucks then they'd be getting some pointed questions before I loan it to them.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by chrismendiola
My group of friends is also a shape, but no shape in particular

my group of friends is a jordan curve, but not any one in particular
Quote by Eastwinn
my group of friends is a jordan curve, but not any one in particular

I have no problem with it as long as it's not being spent on shit
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I bought a friend a $90 ticket to see dylan moran like 7months ago. Instead of just paying it back at once he's doing it in installments whenever we go out. Like He'll pay for my movie ticket or lunch or something. Right now its down to $50 that he owes. Honestly im more annoyed that he still hasnt returned a book I lent him 3 years ago.
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
If it were one of my true friends then yeah I would lend them anything I have and they would always pay me back and I would let them take as long as they need to pay me back - even if that were never.
Si
i wouldn't ever borrow money to a friend.

HOWEVER, if they need help, in this case i would pay the insurance company the money, and ask him to pay me when he can. that way he can't spend your money on hookers and blow.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i wouldn't ever borrow money to a friend.

HOWEVER, if they need help, in this case i would pay the insurance company the money, and ask him to pay me when he can. that way he can't spend your money on hookers and blow.

Why is the only scenario you'd lend a friend money when they need it for insurance?

What if they just needed a taxi fare home, or a hot meal because they've hit a rough patch?
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Page 1 of 2