I've a Line SpiderJam but it only has RCA output. I would like to use it to drive a 4x12 Marshall Cab. It has been suggested disconnecting the speaker wires and connecting them to a guitar cable which could then be plugged into the 4x12 cabinet. This seems a bit Heath Robinson to me!.

I would prefer a solution where I could install a female socket on the Spiderjam and when I plug a guitar lead in, it automatically disconnects the Line 6 internal speaker. I could then plug the "output" to the cabinet.

I'm ok using a soldering iron (I've installed pups on Fenders) and fairly "hands on" woodworking wise so I'm not adverse to a bit of DIY.

Are there any switches/plugs on the market that I could buy to make the job easier?

Any advice gratefully received!
what ohm ratting is the internal speaker? 16, 8 or 4Ohms?

The easiest way is to disconnect the speaker and add a separate 1/4" jack to those leads.

You could look for a jack that will cut the internal speaker when you plug into it allowing you to do what you are wanting. only issue is I don't know the exact type of jack you need for that. maybe someone else here knows off hand, and if not, start looking at sites like mojotone and smallbear electronics.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
It's 8 Ohm speaker with the spiderjam being all digital so I believe that the amplifies section is a little bit more tolerant than an all valve amp when connecting to external cabs.
I've been told not to use a guitar lead but to use twin cable. The Marshall 4x 12 is 16 Ohm but my spider is 8 Ohm BUT it is a digital amp .
Quote by monabri
I've been told not to use a guitar lead but to use twin cable. The Marshall 4x 12 is 16 Ohm but my spider is 8 Ohm BUT it is a digital amp .

you will be fine, I was just asking because normally they are 16 or 8. Just remember that the spider is 8 ohms and the cab is 16ohms so really you will get about 1/2 of the power of your amp (30ish watts).
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate