Hello,

I'm wiring up a guitar with SC neck and HB bridge pickups and coil splitting options on a 5-way switch.

The switch positions I want are:

1 Neck SC
2 Coil split Bridge HB and Neck SC
3 Bridge HB and Neck SC
4 Coil split Bridge HB
5 Bridge HB

The closest diagram I found is below but the SC/HB are the wrong way round and, most importantly (as I can always rotate the switch 180 degrees), is position 3.

Can anyone give me a wiring diagram for Bridge HB and Neck SC in position 3... Or even better, a wiring diagram for correct pickup orientation (SC neck and HB bridge) and my desired switch positions.

Many thanks in advance

Last edited by 67911121 at Jan 31, 2016,
perhaps the seymour duncan autosplit option to split the coils in the 2nd and 4th positions

the switch would be a 5 way , two pickups maximum
with the push pull I'd add a phase reversal or something if it was me as parallel not many pickups you'll really appreciate it with.

The selector outputs you listed are not possible with just a standard 5-way switch, so you're going to have to do one of a few things:
-Pick selector options that are possible from a regular 5-way;
-Use a a 5-way super switch. This lets you do nearly anything with the pickup selection, but the wiring can get very unpleasant/complicated.
-Use the existing 5-way with different selections and a mini-switch;
-My suggestion: install a 3-way switch for bridge/both/neck, and add a mini-toggle to split the bridge. Simple, easy, clean to wire, and gives you all the options you wanted. A lot of times, a 5-way switch on a two pickup guitar is just not the right tool for the job. It can be useful for an HH guitar, but for what you want I don't think it adds anything useful, and the wiring could get ugly.
Quote by Roc8995
The selector outputs you listed are not possible with just a standard 5-way switch, so you're going to have to do one of a few things:
-Pick selector options that are possible from a regular 5-way;
-Use a a 5-way super switch. This lets you do nearly anything with the pickup selection, but the wiring can get very unpleasant/complicated.
-Use the existing 5-way with different selections and a mini-switch;
-My suggestion: install a 3-way switch for bridge/both/neck, and add a mini-toggle to split the bridge. Simple, easy, clean to wire, and gives you all the options you wanted. A lot of times, a 5-way switch on a two pickup guitar is just not the right tool for the job. It can be useful for an HH guitar, but for what you want I don't think it adds anything useful, and the wiring could get ugly.

Thanks for the info, looks like it's back to the drawing board.