There's not much to go on, but I need some help identifying a certain guitarist.

All I can give you, is that a youtube video was uploaded on this site I believe several years ago of the guitarist. He was a classical guitarist, I think the video was his rendition of ode to joy, or I could be wrong there. He was I think Russian, or of some eastern European descent. The video was of him on stage playing said piece solo. He was incredibly skilled, virtuosic skill level. He was a tad chubby, or at least not skinny at all. I think he was bald, and wore glasses.

Like I said, not much to go on. Perhaps someone here remembers the video though. I'm taking a shot in the dark here I know.
Quote by jlowe22
There's not much to go on, but I need some help identifying a certain guitarist.

All I can give you, is that a youtube video was uploaded on this site I believe several years ago of the guitarist. He was a classical guitarist, I think the video was his rendition of ode to joy, or I could be wrong there. He was I think Russian, or of some eastern European descent. The video was of him on stage playing said piece solo. He was incredibly skilled, virtuosic skill level. He was a tad chubby, or at least not skinny at all. I think he was bald, and wore glasses.

Like I said, not much to go on. Perhaps someone here remembers the video though. I'm taking a shot in the dark here I know.

the usual suspect:

read here
Hi, That my friend, is Andres Segovia. The best classical guitarist ever born, He is not Russian
as he was born In Linares in Southern Spain.
Kenny Hill Estudio E640C
I know Segovia, and I don't think it was him in the video. I could be wrong, but I have not found the video yet while searching Segovia. Segovia died in 1987, and I'm pretty sure the video was made somewhat recent(in the past 15 years), and the guy playing was middle aged. So if it was Segovia, the video would have to have been rather old, and I'm almost certain it wasn't.

I was blown away by the video and I can't believe I didn't make a point of remembering the guy's name.

I even looked up all the Russian classical guitarists on Wikipedia's page and came up blank.
Yep. That definitely looks like what you were describing before. No problem. Croatian and Russian are, sort of, similar enough to be confused, at least to me