So far, what I can tell is that the Shawbucker Strat's S-1 switch is a tone bypass. Neat.

Then we've got the SSS Strat, the Tele and the Tele Thinline, all of which have S-1 switches and No Load tone pots which would render a bypass redundant (and leads me to wonder why they wouldn't just put a No Load pot on the HSS Strat and use the switch for something else...)

Anyone have any idea what the S-1 switches on those do?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by Roc8995

Yes, it is when it answers my question. However, this page says nothing at all about the S-1 switches on the newly released Elite series, making it actually less informative than what's in my OP.

It'd be super helpful if you could check whether anything you intend to sass me with actually contains relevant information.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Jan 31, 2016,
I suspect that you can read across to the elite from previous hss shawbucker models - the main update seems to be n3 to n4 pups. I would suggest that the s1 switching is not a bypass as on the deluxe shawbucker which has a small round bypass button - If you Google Fender shawbucker s1 switching and then select the "images" tab, then scroll down for a 1 page summary of the switching (about 15 lines of pictures down) its a black and white picture
Last edited by monabri at Feb 2, 2016,
You're right; I didn't realise there was a separate bypass button.

So it likely remains with the Strats having the additional set of pickup configurations and the Teles having series/parallel switching?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
Yes. Fender already has a standard S1 switching setup and it seems likely that it's similar on new instruments with the same configuration, given that Fender usually advertises departures from earlier conventions when they're made. The Elite series is just the updated Deluxe so they'll keep a lot of the stuff under the hood.

I probably should have made this clear initially, but then my sass would have been missing. (actually what really happened is that I missed the "elite" in the title and it wasn't mentioned anywhere in the thread itself. Oops.) I don't see any reason to think it's not the usual S1 setup for those configurations.
Quote by Roc8995
Yes. Fender already has a standard S1 switching setup and it seems likely that it's similar on new instruments with the same configuration, given that Fender usually advertises departures from earlier conventions when they're made. The Elite series is just the updated Deluxe so they'll keep a lot of the stuff under the hood.

I probably should have made this clear initially, but then my sass would have been missing. (actually what really happened is that I missed the "elite" in the title and it wasn't mentioned anywhere in the thread itself. Oops.) I don't see any reason to think it's not the usual S1 setup for those configurations.

Right, thanks for the clarification

See this is my problem; I always ramble when I start new threads and then when I make a point of being concise I omit things
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
Here's some info on the Shawbucker switching which I found on the Fender forums.

http://forums.fender.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=87113

here's the picture:!!

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l360/drew986/FenderControlDescriptionSheet001.jpg

I'll come back and test you on it tomorrow ! or maybe an easier question on something like quantum mechanics or similar?
Last edited by monabri at Feb 3, 2016,
Quote by monabri
Here's some info on the Shawbucker switching which I found on the Fender forums.

http://forums.fender.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=87113

here's the picture:!!

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l360/drew986/FenderControlDescriptionSheet001.jpg

I'll come back and test you on it tomorrow ! or maybe an easier question on something like quantum mechanics or similar?

That's great, thanks! I found the picture alright, since my Baja Telecaster came with a similar diagram.

As far as quantum mechanics goes, I can manage the Planck-Einstein relation, but vectors start to mess with my head once you start dealing with photons, so I think I can do without if that's alright
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22