Hello. I have an very old guitar. The company doesnt exist any more. Its made in czechslovakia. It nedds a new neck. How to buy a neck that would fit? What measurement shoul i look at?
Scale length(nut to bridge) and the dimensions of the neck pocket(length, breadth, depth)
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Do neck pocket dimensions have to fit 100% perfect or are there some tricks to pipm my neck?
Ideally the neck should fit snugly into the pocket. I've built a couple of kit guitars that passed the Ormsby test.

There are things that can be done to make a neck that's too big or too small fit, but tbh I'm not good enough with woodwork to explain them properly.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
^^^^ There is a risk that the neck pocket-to-saddle distance will be different in this guitar than in the Fender standard. So yes, you get scale length by doubling the nut-to-12th fret distance, but you still need to know how this relates to the pocket. In a standard strat-type body the distance from the back of the pocket to the middle saddles is approximately 183mm, depending on intonation settings.