Sure, i will enjoy watching without them, but they help so much.

fuk, sometimes those damn actors mumble their words with their "fake accents" they put on, and i don't know what they're saying.

especially UK shows. I can definitely understand the whole plot better with subtitles, and get jokes that would normally fly over my head, because i can literally see them on screen.

anyone else like this?

I don't find them distracting at all
(except when watching stand-up comedy, messes up the timing of the jokes)
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

I know what you mean. and in some cases even turning up the volume won't help. mumblin' mutherfrs. I don't really mind it. it's like books on film
if i'm watching something on tv yeah i have to have subtitles on. movies suck bc they can't balance volume right, so when i turn the volume up enough to hear the quiet ass dialogue the loud shit blows my eardrums out.
honestly doesn't happen often bc the only thing i ever watch on tv anymore is basketball

if i'm watching something on my PC i'm using headphones so it's alright, tho most of the stuff i watch on my PC is subtitled anime anyway
Lol I just posted about this in another thread. I have no trouble at all understanding speech but subtitles help me pay attention and remember what's happening if the show is longer than half an hour.
cat
Quote by k.lainad at #33805863
Sure, i will enjoy watching without them, but they help so much.

fuk, sometimes those damn actors mumble their words with their "fake accents" they put on, and i don't know what they're saying.

especially UK shows. I can definitely understand the whole plot better with subtitles, and get jokes that would normally fly over my head, because i can literally see them on screen.

anyone else like this?

I don't find them distracting at all
(except when watching stand-up comedy, messes up the timing of the jokes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPY-sCiRCeA
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Even if the volume is loud as shit, I still like to watch them with subtitles. Everything, movies, tv shows, video games, etc
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
I only use them at night when I'm in bed and don't want the tv loud

I always have them on in games
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Jan 31, 2016,
Quote by WCPhils
I only use them at night when I'm in bed and don't want the tv loud

I always have them on in games

Yeah this, plus when Im watching something foreign obv
Nah. Prefer films without them. Though I'd rather read an excerpt than listen to talk radio. Either way I dislike natural speech patterns.
I don't find them distracting in the slightest, and, due to my bad hearing, often use them.

Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Nah. Prefer films without them. Though I'd rather read an excerpt than listen to talk radio. Either way I dislike natural speech patterns.
So you wouldn't like to see my three-pages-to-a-sentence-long diary entries?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Jan 31, 2016,
Quote by Banjocal
So you wouldn't like to see my three-pages-to-a-sentence - long diary entries?

I would read it and make fun of you.
Quote by neidnarb11890
only if it is not in English

^ that

also if I can't recall what they say, usually.

Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I would read it and make fun of you.
well that's just not very nice now is it
Quote by EndTheRapture51
precisely how I like it
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I don't prefer subtitles for things in my native language.
If the video game has the option though I will turn the dialogue volume all the way up and the effects/music down to 50% or below.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Never done this before, but it seems pretty useful for thick Scottish accents. Will give it a try someday.
Sometimes I use subtitles but theres a couple of things that annoy me about them.
One, in video games, sometimes the subtitles obscure parts of the UI so you have to wait for them to disappear to interact with things.
And two, when movies or TV shows that are predominantly speaking english have a character say something in another language but the subtitles don't bloody translate that part. It's like, can't you just do a tiny bit of work to tell me what they're saying, otherwise whats the point.
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Sometimes I do.

It's helpful if the audio mix on the show isn't too great and the dialogue blends into the background noise
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
I just turn the volume up. Thanks to the US Army and years in a steel foundry I'm hard of hearing.

I do find subtitles useful at times, especially when the actor is speaking like he has a mouthful of marbles. I'm thinking of you, Tom Hardy.
I only put subtitles on in video games and that's because games like to occasionally have dramatic music going on in cutscenes or have dialogue going over the various sound effects from your playing. It's not like a tv show or movie at home where I'd just rewind if I missed something.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I try not too, but sometimes the actors are incomprehensible so I turn them on.

Also, I use subtitles if I am eating chips and I can't hear the voices over the sound of my own masticating.
Yeah, I need subtitles because my buddy usually cranks up the heavy metal music so loud that there's no possible way to know what is occurring without them.

Subtitles allow you to listen to music really loud.

ron666
if it's not english

or if it's one of the earlier talkies where the audio is so fucked
I don't mind subtitles and sometime I do when watching.

I always had problem understanding actors/characters' dialogues in Francis Ford Coppola's movie called "Bram Stoker's Dracula", so I decided to watch it with subtitles. I've read the book though.
Dean Dave Mustaine VMNTX electric (Black)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro electric (Ebony w/ gold)
Orange Micro Terror 20W Hybrid amp head
Orange Crush Pro 120W amp head
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus Power Supply
Korg Pitchblack Chromatic Pedal Tuner
Electro-Harmonix XO Metal Muff
MXR M-103 Blue Box
TC Electronic Dark Matter
TC Electronic Fangs Metal
I hate pausing and rewinding and straining to hear better so I ALWAYS put subtitles on. Helps with the "flow".