Yeah, it sounds very demo-ish. The mix isn't very tight at all, and the guitars sound a bit unclear. You also have a lot of timing issues, I definitely recommend you record this stuff to a metronome and make sure the left/right takes match up.

So I think you could try taking out some muddy frequencies, and the mix will instantly become a lot better if you can make a bass and a drum track, even if you use free VST. I still wouldn't say that the guitar tones are that bad, I actually like the type of tones you've gone for, there's not too much gain and I like how it's more old school-esque.

The song itself has very nice riffs, and I think you played them, as well as the lead parts, pretty well. I wouldn't call it prog metal though - this reminds me of traditional metal, rather than progressive.

The biggest problem is the timing issue, without a doubt. I don't think that you had a single riff in there that wasn't out of sync. The lack of bass and drums is also a con, and you can always clear up the guitar tones a bit.

Pros - pretty cool and well performed guitar parts. It's tricky to make up an opinion based on only this though, but I think it has potential.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
It does garner potential quite well. To me, it's got an earlier Metal aspect to it. I remember that this was posted elsewhere, so I continue from where I left off. Good riffs, decent mix of lead and rhythm alternating, maybe a few brushing ups on tightening it all together more, but I can't complain much at all on it

-Sharky
Thanks. Ya, it was posted in a different thread, I was trying to figure out how to move it as this thread was more appropriate but wasn't smart enough so just re-posted

Cheers