Hi,

So I'm trialing a few ampsims before I stump up the cash!

I've narrowed it down to S-Gear (awesome tones), TH3 (loads of variety), and GR5 (Solid).

My problem is that with TH3 my Input volume is *very* low. I'm getting maybe 3-4 'bars' on the input meter and when I do the Input Level Adjustment I can't get the signal out of the yellow.

I've checked the TH3 Master Controls and set it to High Sensitivity with no effect.

My Mackie has the Hi Z input gain set to c. 20dB which is pretty much the sweetspot before the signal clips.

Input at the same settings with GR5 is fine and whilst my Scuffham trial has ended I think that I was also okay with the input volume there.

Oddly the only other Ampsim I had the exact same issue with was Amplitube 4.

Any thoughts?

Jim
Find the input gain control and turn it up.
It might be in your DAW if you're using a DAW as host, or it might be in the amp sim.

You also might have something in your chain you don't know of, like a compressor, so see if you accidentally loaded one somehow as well.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
Find the input gain control and turn it up.
It might be in your DAW if you're using a DAW as host, or it might be in the amp sim.

You also might have something in your chain you don't know of, like a compressor, so see if you accidentally loaded one somehow as well.

Thanks mate.

I can turn the Input Gain up (it's currently at 9 O'clock) however as soon as I do the levels clip.

My chain is 100% empty - in fact it's the Input signal that's the problem - before it even get's into my Ampsim (TH3) or DAW.. as per the image in my first post the actual input levels are very low...

I sense it's either a defective Mackie (have the same problem on both Inputs!!) or the driver is not functioning properly.

If anyone else is using a MAckie Onyx Blackjack I'd love to know what signal output levels they are getting...

Thanks