Is there can equivalent of StewMac in the UK? I wanted a 5/8 t handle truss rod wrench for my Lester but they seem hard to come by over here. I guess StewMac might send them internationally but the cost of postage and customs is stupid! (I've had a search on Amazon and eBay but to no avail - yes there are true rod wrenches but they are the cheaper pipe shape ones).
check a hardware/tool/home improvement store.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
All you need is an Allan Key, I bought a set of them from Wilkinsons for about a fiver and they have every size I need (metric and imperial) for everything possible on all my guitars.

They also turned out to be handy when the girlfriend wants me to build TV stands and shelves and stuff.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
Quote by N1ghtmar3C1n3ma
All you need is an Allan Key, I bought a set of them from Wilkinsons for about a fiver and they have every size I need (metric and imperial) for everything possible on all my guitars.

They also turned out to be handy when the girlfriend wants me to build TV stands and shelves and stuff.

+1

If all you need is an Allen wrench, you'll have a hard time paying more than £20 for a set that'll have you covered pretty much for life (or until you start losing them)
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Gibsons use a hex nut, not an Allen key.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
Gibsons use a hex nut, not an Allen key.

I see, well that throws a spanner in the works.

OP, are you sure it is 5/8ths an inch? All the parts I can find that say they fit Gibson are 5/16ths.

Also when I think about it, an adjustment bolt for a truss rod that is over a centimeter in diameter seems pretty damn big.

Why can't you Americans just catch up with the rest of the world and use metric measurements
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Quote by N1ghtmar3C1n3ma

Why can't you Americans just catch up with the rest of the world and use metric measurements

Only one reason.

We don't have too...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by N1ghtmar3C1n3ma
I see, well that throws a spanner in the works.

OP, are you sure it is 5/8ths an inch? All the parts I can find that say they fit Gibson are 5/16ths.

Also when I think about it, an adjustment bolt for a truss rod that is over a centimeter in diameter seems pretty damn big.

we use both here actually, imperial (SAE) was/is the largest used system here since the industrial revolution. Same in some other countries also

The only issue I have with it is buying tools sucks because you have to have SAE and Metric which is 2x the cost

But TS go to your local music store they will either have one that size or can get you one easy.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Arby911
Only one reason.

We don't have too...

Because freedom is measured in imperial?
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Quote by N1ghtmar3C1n3ma
Because freedom is measured in imperial?

No, it's how ever we deem it to be
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
My bad! 5/16th and not 5/8th ...... Yeah, at just over half an inch it WOULD indeed be a monster truss rod nut!! Where's the emoticon for "red face" ? Strange, even though I'm getting on in years (>50) I tend to think in metric... If you were to ask kids in Europe how big 5/16 inch would be they probably would say "what's an inch?"
Last edited by monabri at Feb 1, 2016,
Because the kooky U.S. Americans, and quite a few other countries as well around the planet, decided to just not care about other nations' uses of works heh heh heh\

Also, true on the Inch claim for Europe :P

-Sharky
a 5/16" thin walled nut driver would be your ticket. amazon uk seems to have three terms for then "nut driver, "nut spinner", or "nut spanner".

if you're under the cover, now would be a good time to put a tiny dab of grease (something clean) under the nut and on the threads. this will keep things trouble free for quite a while and make adjustments easier.
Last edited by ad_works at Feb 1, 2016,