At first glance that appears to be a Kahler trem, if it is it must be an early one or maybe a prototype, or it could be a knockoff does it say Kahler on it? The pickup mounting rings look odd to me almost like they are homemade, although the pictures seem to be a bit distorted so it is hard to tell.

It looks like the Floyd Rose signature model but it is odd that it doesn't have a Floyd on it, unless it has been modified at some point.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Feb 1, 2016,
It appears to be an '84-'85 (going by the headstock shape) Kramer Floyd Rose Signature model. They all came with Original Floyd Rose's, so someone installed a Kahler on for some strange reason.

EDIT: Things look kind of off on it so it could possibly be a mutt or even a knockoff. The inlays on the neck, the control layout, pup rings and biggest of all the trem are all off. Having the pics all stretched out doesn't help either.
Last edited by Way Cool JR. at Feb 1, 2016,
Quote by Way Cool JR.
It appears to be an '84-'85 (going by the headstock shape) Kramer Floyd Rose Signature model. They all came with Original Floyd Rose's, so someone installed a Kahler on for some strange reason.

EDIT: Things look kind of off on it so it could possibly be a mutt or even a knockoff. The inlays on the neck, the control layout, pup rings and biggest of all the trem are all off. Having the pics all stretched out doesn't help either.

Could be imagining it but the bevels look wrong for the Floyd Rose Signature models I've seen.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Agreeing with everyone here, it looks like a Floyd Rose Signature but isn't. The tremolo system is a Kahler, the fret markers aren't where other FRS markers are located, there's two switches and two knobs, instead of 1 and 3, and the logo looks different from other Kramer logos.
Modified FRS maybe?

(thanks to everyone who posted)(sorry for the pictures, the little popup window only allows worst quality photos)
Quote by Voradian
Agreeing with everyone here, it looks like a Floyd Rose Signature but isn't. The tremolo system is a Kahler, the fret markers aren't where other FRS markers are located, there's two switches and two knobs, instead of 1 and 3, and the logo looks different from other Kramer logos.
Modified FRS maybe?

(thanks to everyone who posted)(sorry for the pictures, the little popup window only allows worst quality photos)

Try uploading the pictures to tinypic or imgur. Then copy and paste the bbcode tag here.
I going to say that it's more than likely a complete knock off. The headstock shape looks completely off + no signs of truss rod or locking nut and the body contours and pup placement all look way off. Does it even have a trem cavity in the back, or any signs of one ever being there?

Here are some good pics of a real one to compare to.
Body front:

Headstock:

Back:

Neck Plate:
Yeah it also has a Zero fret which is very suspect for a Kramer
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Voradian
So, I was digging around my old stuff from the garage, and found a Kramer electric guitar my grandfather used to own. Can someone please help me identify it and/or know if it needs repair?

it looks kinda cobbly. lot's of details missing from the original sig series. body contours aren't as refined, controls in the wrong place, weird trem, pu's and bezels all whack, etc.. unless it's some sort of forgotten prototype?

does it need repair? hell yeah.

and no, that's not a zero fret.
Last edited by ad_works at Feb 2, 2016,
The guitar TS posted in the 2nd pic of his first post shows the guitar he found and it looked like a zero fret.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Feb 2, 2016,
That bridge pickup is completely fucked, it will probably need all new hardware and electronics since it has been kept in a garage for god knows how long.

Why did you keep it in a garage?
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
I didn't know it was in the garage, so I was surprised when it came out. Agreeing with N1ghtmar3C1n3ma on the pickup being fucked.
Quote by Voradian
I didn't know it was in the garage, so I was surprised when it came out. Agreeing with N1ghtmar3C1n3ma on the pickup being fucked.

Well you need to find out who decided to store it in the garage and give them a good punch to the head
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Quote by N1ghtmar3C1n3ma
Well you need to find out who decided to store it in the garage and give them a good punch to the head

read the OP
It was his grandfathers and he put it in the garage
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
read the OP

Well it doesn't actually say he put it in the garage
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by K33nbl4d3
Well it doesn't actually say he put it in the garage

True, but it would be an absolutely logical possibility
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
read the OP

From the sounds of it someone else put it in the garage and he stumbled upon it looking for something else, at least that's how it sounds to me, I could be wrong though, it's been a long hectic day at work and I am very tired.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
To answer the debate about who put the guitar in the garage, my grandfather put it in the garage because it couldn't fit with the weight limit of his luggage when he moved to San Fran.