Hi all!

Shinedown recently announced a cover contest, to cover their song State of My Head in any style one sees fit. So i went and wrote a lead guitar part, a bass part to follow that, and put in some piano chords to accompany it.

For me it was quite a complicated composition, and the first of it's kind that i've ever done. I understand that some of the audio is a tiny bit off, it's not meant to be studio quality - i was just trying to explore the song and ways to work with it!

I hope you enjoy, if you do, leave a like or a nice comment!

https://youtu.be/NGH6h3oG2PU
Last edited by jamie00 at Feb 1, 2016,
Multi-instrument cover... you have my attention. Shinedown, you have my attention even more. On point with how it should sound, personally. Hey, some of it may have been off, but I usually disregard that, as no one is perfect with playing. Not even the best can say they are.

Very nice looking instruments too, by the way Sure did look very complicated to get it all up to this point, so kudos on making it work better than I could heh

-Sharky
Quote by CherokeShredder
Multi-instrument cover... you have my attention. Shinedown, you have my attention even more. On point with how it should sound, personally. Hey, some of it may have been off, but I usually disregard that, as no one is perfect with playing. Not even the best can say they are.

Very nice looking instruments too, by the way Sure did look very complicated to get it all up to this point, so kudos on making it work better than I could heh

-Sharky

Thanks for the lovely feedback man! The guitar is lovely to play, it's a 90s ibanez that i stripped the entire paintwork off of and replaced the bridge pup with a dimarzio humbucker for some added kick, and i swapped out the tuning pegs for some wilkinson locking tuners. Plays and looks great!