I paid $399 at Guitar Center. It is used. I believe 2006 as the first numbers of serial are "06"? Usually things are pretty damned pricey there. I saw the guitar, played with it, went home and looked it up. Could not find it for less that $570. Did I get a sweet deal from The GC? Is that possible? Did some 19 year old kid not know what it was when pricing the thing? And who sold it to GC for $200 or so? I assume their buying price of an instrument is about like a Pawn Stars deal.

Thoughts on this guitar from some owners and more experienced folks?

Do I owe Guitar Center an apology?
Wow, all I am getting nowadays, in searches, with that kind of guitar is somewhere around the 700-1000+ range, so it seems to me you got a very good deal right there and then. Personally, if you got it for that cheap, and it isn't banged up at all or anything (no major defects except cosmetic), you did amazing, in my books. Could you give the full serial, by any chance? I might be able to look into it more now.

-Sharky
Thanks for the info/input. I love the damn thing. Good feeling when you FEEL you got away with stealing, but no guilt is involved because I just paid what they asked. Honest transaction.

I love playing it. I even went today and held some REAL Martin D-28s. Which is what this guitar is copying by style and materials. IMO it holds up. It ain't a Martin, but close enough to more than keep the extra $2000 in my pocket, or more depending on vintage or not.
I wondered where I got the random new visitor from :P This thread in the forum heheheheheh

Anyways, no problem. Copies can still be valid so long as they feel right to the one playing them. All this talk of guitar purity and stuff is a load of crap to me, but to each their own. Happy playings!

-Sharky
Quote by NotMartinWorthy
I love playing it. I even went today and held some REAL Martin D-28s. Which is what this guitar is copying by style and materials. IMO it holds up. It ain't a Martin, but close enough to more than keep the extra $2000 in my pocket, or more depending on vintage or not.
There's a lot of that going around these days.

It helps if you hypnotize yourself by staring at the "C.F.Martin" on the head stock for an extended period of time. After which I'm sure, money will be no object....
Quote by Captaincranky
There's a lot of that going around these days.

It helps if you hypnotize yourself by staring at the "C.F.Martin" on the head stock for an extended period of time. After which I'm sure, money will be no object....

The hypnosis does help. Also helps with some older Gibson acoustics. Having a REAL Martin in my hand makes me look like a better player. Until I hit that first barred chord. Then the secrets is out. Martin could strip wood off of Noah's Ark or The Mayflower and build me a guitar. It's not gonna help me much. Lessons will.
i'd say you got a good deal, and i'm a fan of the BR-160. maury's always has good prices for blueridge, and here's what he's charging.
http://www.maurysmusic.com/inc/sdetail/blueridge_br_160/35915/35941

btw, i've gotten some great used deals from several of our local guitar centers - for example, i got my ibanez SR500 bass for $199, and it sells new everywhere for $599.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Killer deal. IIRC the 1xx series from them features all solid woods, dovetail necks and killer construction. I have a BG-40 that I paids about $500 for in 06. Considering inflation and the features, you did well.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
I think you got a good deal there. I'm one of those who believes that there is very little correlation between price on tone over a very wide range of prices in factory guitars, so I really wouldn't expect it to sound any better or worse (whatever they might mean) than an equivalent Martin.

Some thing you might not be aware of. The necks on Blueridge are resettable using the same methods as on Martins. So if you get really, really attached to it and the geometry goes down the gurgler, you can shell out for a reset.