Budget? - $1000 AUD or $1200 with a head and 2x12 cab. I could stretch it for the right deal if need be though.

Genres? - Needs to be versatile. Need to be able to get beautiful classic rock cleans most importantly. Second to that I would love for it to have a good crunch tone for blues and modern/alternative rock. I don't need high gain since if already have a JCA50H for my metal needs.

New or Used? - More than happy to go used.

Home or Gig? - I'm buying this amp for use with my band at practices and gigs. We have our first show coming up in a few weeks and that is why I am in the market. I will also use it at home for fun and practice. I can go fairly loud as far as home levels are concerned.

Closest City? - Melbourne Australia. Specifically bayside (south east) area.
Here's the gumtree link that you should be looking in: http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-guitars-amps/melbourne/c18608l3001317?fromSearchBox=true
I've seen plenty of good stuff in there.
Another cool shop is this one: http://www.musicswopshop.com.au/
They just deal in second hand gear and are in Melbourne.

Current Gear? - JCA50H + no name quadbox. Schecter Hellraiser C1. Ibanez RG Prestige - This will be the main guitar I am using with the amp (until I buy a strat - my next purchase). It's got HSH aftermarket duncans and can get a huge range of tones between the selector and volume knob.

The quadbox and head are far too large to be taking to a gig though. I'm leaning towards purchasing a combo for this reason. Otherwise I would settle for a head + 2x12 cab, I guess I could maybe extend the budget slightly to around $1200AUD to accommodate the cab.

The rhythm guitarist in the band plays through a hot rod deluxe with his tele and it sounds great. I'm leaning towards something to complement his tone nicely without being exactly the same. Amps on my current radar include the Vox AC30, Peavey Classic 30/50, another fender hotrod and the Bugera v22/v55 (brand new with warranty).

I also spotted an orange rockaverb 50h, but the drive channel is broken apparently. If I could get a good price on it do you think it would be worth snagging it up and then taking it to get the second channel fixed? Or would that be too much risk in your opinion(s)?

Amp needs to take pedals well, should have 2 channels. That's all I can really think of at the moment.

Thanks,
Will.
AC30/Classic 30 would be a good compliment to a HRD. Not sure about price or availability in Oz though.
Buy this:
http://www.belfieldmusic.com.au/randall-mts-series-rm100-guitar-amp.html

Later, upgrade the modules from one of these guys:
http://www.jadedfaithmods.com/mts-mods.html
http://salvationmods.com/index.php?page=modifications

They are friggin huge. Most are closed backed, and if not, can be closed.
Running two Celestion G12T75's.
They don't make these any more and this particular one is NOS. They don't even charge delivery.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Depends how much they want for the Rockerverb, I'll probably go with that but maybe I'd get a repair bid first on it just in case.
AC30 will probably be my second choice or Peavey Classic 30 if available. If you have the new Valveking on the market, might want to try that. Big "hell no" to the Bugera.
I have access to classic 30 and ac30 second hand fairly easily. Even spotted a classic 50 212, which has me tossing up between the two now! I'm leaning more towards the 30 watt just for convenience though (weight and size). It would be too difficult to go and try them both out unfortunately.

I dont know how I feel about that one Cathbard, I've seen you recommend it before though. It says RRP$3695 and is selling for $1049. Is $1049 pretty standard or is that an insane deal? It is stretching the budget a bit though and I dont really know if the modules it has are what I'd be looking for. I'm just a bit iffy about it all. is it the sort of amp that will get me multiple tones 80% close to the real deal? Or is it really going to nail multiple tones for such a good price. I think I need to read up on it a bit more, but it's hard to find much since it is as you said discontinued.

What about the Carvin Belair? So far im proabbaly going to go for a classic 30, but im just looking for other good suggestions.
It's an insane deal. They're clearing their stock.
Man, you just need good modules in it. Salvation and Jaded Faith make really good ones. Some of them are so close that you can't tell. My Mashall+ in 800 mode is bang on. I've even played it straight after a guy running a vertical 2203. He came up to me afterwards to pick my brain about my tone. We were using the same cabinet.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I'm loving the idea of having a fender clean, a marshall crunch, and a crazy lead tone all in the one combo but it does seem almost too good to be true. The problem I see with it is that the modules it comes with are:
Brahma George Lynch
MOD Modern Hi Gain
TRDPLATE Tread Plate
Which are all fairly similar in sound I believe. And if I were to send them off to get modded to get 3 new ones back I'd be out of pocket another ~$1000 and however much time it takes to get the mods done. Do you really believe it is worth it? I do have the money, but christ that's a lot.

I know it isn't your job to convince me to make this purchase but it is a lot of money to drop on imitations. Am I really getting a great deal? I'm finding it hard to tell.

I'm still very open to other suggestions if you have any.

Thanks,
Will.
I have that exact same amp with Salvation Mashall+ and Markus, two Jaded Faith SL-OD100's and a Randall Tweed. It's a beast of an amp, man.
I think the mods took about a month for both of them including the journey both ways.

The Brahma is a hotrodded Marshall, the Treadplate is a Recto. Don't know the other one.

Edit:
And btw. The Randall modules just aren't as good as the boutique ones. Some of the Randall Fender modules are quite good. I love my Tweed which is a Tweed Bassman with a gain control. It goes from Bassman cleans to Neil Young Crazy Horse with the twist of a knob.
The Twin is pretty good but even then, the Twins from Salvation and Jaded Faith crap all over it.
The Treadplate is passable. The Brahma is pretty decent but I'm not really a fan.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Feb 4, 2016,
I'm not sold on the idea of it all. It's way out of my budget after acquiring the correct modules and such. And I was hoping to play the new amp at a gig in 3 weeks.
Is the Mesa Boogie Stiletto Trident a well respected amp? It seems to have been discontinued but demos sound nice! I've found an ad for one for what seems to be a very reasonable price. Is there a reason I should be staying away from such a head?
Quote by wildozer
I'm not sold on the idea of it all. It's way out of my budget after acquiring the correct modules and such. And I was hoping to play the new amp at a gig in 3 weeks.
Is the Mesa Boogie Stiletto Trident a well respected amp? It seems to have been discontinued but demos sound nice! I've found an ad for one for what seems to be a very reasonable price. Is there a reason I should be staying away from such a head?

The Mesa is a pretty awesome amp if this one has the correct power supply for Oz. Go check it out and see for yourself if it meets your needs.
Quote by Cajundaddy
The Mesa is a pretty awesome amp if this one has the correct power supply for Oz. Go check it out and see for yourself if it meets your needs.

Thanks for reminding me, but it is actually at 110v. The seller can provide a step down transformer though so shouldn't be an issue.

Because all of these second hand sellers are located pretty far away from me it's not really viable to go and try them all out. I wish it were though! I'm tossing between the classic 30 and the randall atm, despite the fact that they are worlds apart in construction and tone
AFAIK that's the last new RM100 that Belfield have left. I paid more than that for mine ($1300 and one of my 18W'ers that he sold for $800) and I thought I got a really good deal on mine. You won't see another one for that price again, man.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
So I was too late for the Peavey and im looking into other options still. I've decided against the Randall as I dont really like the idea of them and it is too far out of my budget.

Im seeing a lot of vox AC30's, but am wondering if an AC15 would be loud enough. I've also spotted a Hughes and Kettner Statesman 50W head for $600. Is that a good deal and do they have a nice clean tone? And a Bugera v55 for $400 which I might try and haggle down a bit.

Still open to other suggestions.