I hate how all the best stuff I've come up with comes to me when I'm incredibly depressed.

I get it. You're inspired. You put your soul into it.
But it's just such a pain. This. Ache.

I wince as I create. And although it feels good to release, every time I look back on a certain piece of music I think 'fuck...' It's not a good feeling.
I'm not a musician. I can't do anything notable with those happy chords.

How do you people do it? I almost feel like I haven't even been playing guitar for 10 years.
Yeah I enjoy upbeat and fun stuff. I just can't make it. Because of that I don't feel like, well, one of you guys. How the hell do you do it?? Pick up a guitar and play something fun. How?? How do you force yourselves to smile in front of a camera? I just can't

It's like there's a disconnect between the instrument and the rest of my brain.

I can't create anything worth of shit unless I'm feeling something terrible.
And it's annoying.

Meh...

pretty little riff of mine
Quote by LivinJoke84
I cant be naked. I have a huge fear of leaving a stain wherever i sit. Especially if its really warm
Hows straya going for you
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
i feel the same

i like to write music when im in a bad mood, hence why most of the stuff i write/produce is very dark, personal, etc

I can write happy songs, i just don't feel like it haha. Plus, being a band called Slow Death Hooks makes for pretty dark music anyways.

I have experimented with electronic music, but those "happy chords" just don't come out from me either haha usually ends up being very downtempo and atmospheric.

just be yourself and let the music flow through you.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

I don't know what you're talking about. Sounds like you want to be a singer-songwriter doing Pink Floyd type music.
I don't feel like playing the guitar unless I'm feeling good.
I don't like writing songs. My biggest get off is just playing the guitar with a band. I've written a few songs but I have found it's not something I enjoy doing. I have written quite a few instrumentals and maybe about 10 vocal songs. Out of all of them there is a lot of mediocrity. I can honestly say there is one instrumental in particular I wrote I can stand back and be proud of. It's called contemplation. You would hate it I bet. It does not sound sad and it does not use distorted guitars. It don't matter.
Last edited by yope at Feb 2, 2016,
i think people overly mystify creative ventures like writing music. maybe you think you enjoy upbeat and fun stuff more than you actually do. that's an easy mistake to make, since upbeat and fun stuff tends to be catchy. but unless you've spent as much time learning happy songs as you do sad songs, you simply haven't built up the vocabulary of expressing happy emotions. musically, you are mostly what you actively listen to.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Idk I apparently have no soul and don't play with emotions, I've pretty much figured out how to transcend the human consciousness and play from a universe were artificial intelligence has taken over and figured out how to compose "emotionless" music.

Tbh, sometimes having negative feelings gives you motivation and reason to make art, where as people tend to get comfortable when experiencing happier emotions, thus becoming lazy and not composing. I just try to write music that makes me feel closer to God.
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
i think people overly mystify creative ventures like writing music. maybe you think you enjoy upbeat and fun stuff more than you actually do. that's an easy mistake to make, since upbeat and fun stuff tends to be catchy. but unless you've spent as much time learning happy songs as you do sad songs, you simply haven't built up the vocabulary of expressing happy emotions. musically, you are mostly what you actively listen to.

This is interesting.

But no.
I really do listen and have played my fair share of upbeat stuff.

And I wholeheartedly enjoy those cheesy happy songs lol

Also, Australia is nice.
I got my ass handed to me by the sun... tis brutal
Quote by LivinJoke84
I cant be naked. I have a huge fear of leaving a stain wherever i sit. Especially if its really warm
I legit figured you'd become homeless down there lol.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.