Hi everyone

I have a few questions. I want to get better at playing rock solos on my guitar.

1. And I'm wondering if you have any suggestions of what I should be doing.

I've been learning various techniques such as tapping and unison bends.

2. I can play legato slowly, but how do i play it fast?

3. With sweep picking i know you 'sweep the pick up and down' but it hasnt sounded good the last few times ive tried it.

4. how to get a good clean tone on a cheap amp?
Quote by TJFGuitarman
Hi everyone

I have a few questions. I want to get better at playing rock solos on my guitar.

1. And I'm wondering if you have any suggestions of what I should be doing.

I've been learning various techniques such as tapping and unison bends.

2. I can play legato slowly, but how do i play it fast?

3. With sweep picking i know you 'sweep the pick up and down' but it hasnt sounded good the last few times ive tried it.

4. how to get a good clean tone on a cheap amp?

Use a metronome play at a comfortable speed until it is effortless then bump the speed up a bit, continue this cycle until you reach the speed you are looking for.

As far as good tones from a cheap amp that is a tall order, you can use some effects pedals but in the end the amp is the most important piece of the tone puzzle. What kind of amp do you have? A modeling amp may be a good and affordable choice for you, the Peavey Viper series sound good and you can pick them up used for quite cheap if you look around enough.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Thanks for the metronome tip.
I have a Rockburn Starter Amp. (lol) 10W.
My guitar is a strat copy.
I can get a good dirty sound out of the amp, fine for heavy riffs,
but not good for clean soloing. the notes sound flat.

I popped into my local music shop the other day and the person there said that it was my amp, not the guitar or strings that were the problem.
When you mentioned a budget amp thats good if you look for it, is the amp you're talking about available on amazon or somewhere like that?

I know some people say you get what u pay for, but are there options for those on a low budget?

Also, do you have any advice about how to make sweep picking sound good?