man you know they paid like (or really their parents paid) like $200+ for their prom dress to wear it once. how terrible, what a waste imo. and they try to make some of their money back but i doubt many of them sell. i did not go to prom, i am fairly certain i was playing runescape during my senior prom.

i am curious about how the situation would go if the girls i know who went to prom, when selling their dress, if i offered to buy it. that would be really creepy on their end but really funny to me.
Last edited by Will Lane at Feb 2, 2016,
Interesting thought.
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Interesting thought.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
my prom date bought her dress for 20 bucks at a thrift shop

i wore an oversized hand-me-down suit that clashed with her outfit

we were cool kids

btw I didn't go to my prom night either. Idr what I did that night though, I may have gone bowling with some of the others who didn't go
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by Will Lane
man you know they paid like (or really their parents paid) like $200+ for their prom dress to wear it once. how terrible, what a waste imo. and they try to make some of their money back but i doubt many of them sell. i did not go to prom, i am fairly certain i was playing runescape during my senior prom.

Didn't have a dress?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Most of the dresses probably have jizz on them.

Your point?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
i agree man.

i didn't go to prom, and i got invited to 2 different prom groups, and a girl even asked me.

i saved a shit ton of money, and ended up taking her out to a sushi place the next weekend

and it turns out nobody even enjoyed it THAT much, besides the idiots that got totally wasted, threw up on their suits, and dropped a few tabs of you-know-what and passed out in a limo. (another few friends of mine went on a camping trip AFTER the prom party, and ended up doing some fun drugs too, was invited and missed out on that experience. Did i mention it rained that weekend? lol)

overpriced, overplayed, overhyped.. unless you're doing something original for prom (like going camping with a few friends afterwards) don't even bother IMHO. Very slim chance you'll look back on that single night and think "dayum that was fun, totally worth blowing my paycheck from my highschool slave job flipping burgers..."
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Last edited by k.lainad at Feb 2, 2016,
And then you get wedding dresses which cost thousands and only get worn once

But from what I can tell, women buy new stuff to wear every week even if they are planning nothing but a quiet night down the club or whatever

It's disgraceful that they spend so much on stuff that gets worn once when there are people in africa and other places who cant even afford food or something

Right now I can't even afford expensive stuff I don't need, while some girl is considering spending a lot on some dress she'll wear once.
I have nothing important to say
Last edited by JackSaints at Feb 2, 2016,
Quote by Eastwinn at #33810524
nice

oh wait I take it back

girls are dumb for buying things they want that I wouldn't want

aren't I so much smarter?
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
oh wait I take it back

girls are dumb for buying things they want that I wouldn't want

aren't I so much smarter?

dude nice
I bought a really expensive dress for prom and I didn't have fun at prom. But that dress is actually pretty versatile considering it's a prom dress so I've worn it to formal dinners and weddings since then. Even if I hadn't worn it afterwards I wouldn't consider it a waste of money because it is a gorgeous dress and shopping for the dress alone was a great experience since I had never been to such a fancy store before and it supported local designers which was cool. I actually still have all my accessories from prom and wear them regularly except my shoes because the beading came off. Even if I didn't, I bought those things thinking I wasn't going to wear them after prom so it doesn't matter to me.

There are legitimate issues with fast fashion and how it is bad for the environment and people, but prom dresses aren't a huge part of that and worrying about how people you don't even know spend their money is so incredibly stupid.
cat
Went to prom with my gf of 1 year at that time. Paid 500$ for suit + shoes. Well worth it considering I still wear them to formal meetings, job interviews and stuff like that.

Was pretty nice night, first of with dinner at an old mansion at bosphorus. Followed by drinking shitloads at a night club close by. Tickets costed around 200$ including unlimited drinks at both locations and a very fancy dinner. Filet mignot, mushroom tarte and all that stuff.

Also got laid at outdoors that night. Which was cherry on top.

I agree with "worth paying for a good dress". Its very satisfying to get a well trimmed black suit. Learning how to trifold a handkerchief was also very manly experience
Quote by arcanom
Mint and chocolate shouldnt be togather.
"Literally Worst Post of 2k16" approved by After Eight Lovers...
Last edited by arcanom at Feb 3, 2016,
Quote by guitarxo
I bought a really expensive dress for prom and I didn't have fun at prom. But that dress is actually pretty versatile considering it's a prom dress so I've worn it to formal dinners and weddings since then. Even if I hadn't worn it afterwards I wouldn't consider it a waste of money because it is a gorgeous dress and shopping for the dress alone was a great experience since I had never been to such a fancy store before and it supported local designers which was cool. I actually still have all my accessories from prom and wear them regularly except my shoes because the beading came off. Even if I didn't, I bought those things thinking I wasn't going to wear them after prom so it doesn't matter to me.

There are legitimate issues with fast fashion and how it is bad for the environment and people, but prom dresses aren't a huge part of that and worrying about how people you don't even know spend their money is so incredibly stupid.
well good for you c:
I went to prom twice. For the first one I was a junior, and I was dating a senior. She dumped within a few weeks-ish after that, after about 6 months of dating.

Then when I went again when I was a senior, and my date then is my wife now, and I was prom king, and now I'm the king of the world

Isn't life strange

addendum: they spend their money on prom dresses, you spend your time on UG, who's the real loser
My God, it's full of stars!
Soooooo you want to buy my prom dress? I only wore it once....
£30 + UK postage
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

SGT. HARTMAN: Where in hell are you from anyway, Private?
COWBOY: Sir, Texas, sir!
SGT. HARTMAN: Holy dogshit! Texas! Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy! And you don't look much like a steer to me, so that kinda narrows it down!! Do you suck dicks!?
COWBOY: Sir, no, sir!
SGT. HARTMAN: Are you a peter-puffer!?
COWBOY: Sir, no, sir!
SGT. HARTMAN: I'll bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around! I'll be watching you!!
Good thing I've never went to the prom in my high school years, thankfully.
Dean Dave Mustaine VMNTX electric (Black)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro electric (Ebony w/ gold)
Orange Micro Terror 20W Hybrid amp head
Orange Crush Pro 120W amp head
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus Power Supply
Korg Pitchblack Chromatic Pedal Tuner
Electro-Harmonix XO Metal Muff
MXR M-103 Blue Box
TC Electronic Dark Matter
TC Electronic Fangs Metal
lol over here girls just rent the dresses and guys just rent the suits.
Quote by DardySon
lol over here girls just rent the dresses and guys just rent the suits.

Yea, I never really got the 'buying a suit for the occasion when you're just about to undergo a major lifestyle change, which for a great many people will involve legal access to beer as soon as the bar opens' thing.

Especially not a good suit.
Quote by Dreadnought
addendum: they spend their money on prom dresses, you spend your time on UG, who's the real loser

The rest of us
Quote by The_Blode
She was selling the wedding dress...which I guess isn't strange? Or is it...not sure...but it was £400...which is a lot of money...the shoes to go with it too...I just think if you pay so much for it you might as well use it...for special occasions or church on sunday if you go to a posh church

£400 is not a lot of money for a wedding dress.