i realized mexican fenders have awesome colors and i love the color selection on them. They have this really nice wine color, or the dark blue etc. it seems with MIA you either get sunburst,black,oly white, or apple red unless you decide to drop even more cash and get a Custom shop one...
why is this?
Quote by GuitarNewbee
i realized mexican fenders have awesome colors and i love the color selection on them. They have this really nice wine color, or the dark blue etc. it seems with MIA you either get sunburst,black,oly white, or apple red unless you decide to drop even more cash and get a Custom shop one...
why is this?

You've already answered your question.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
You've already answered your question.

how so? is it simply because they want more money?
Probably not. The main thing is that they make more MIM than MIA. Stores sell more MIM than MIA. Stores are going to stock the most popular colors, especially with MIAs because they are more costly for the store to get so they want them to sell as quickly as possible. With MIMs the outlay isn't as much so having less popular colors wait on the shelves isn't as big of a problem. Basically, supply and demand.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Because lowriders, esé.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Feb 2, 2016,
I don't think there is much difference?

MIM Standard Strats are available in colours like black, arctic white, sunburst, candy apple red and lake placid blue and American Standards are available in basically the same colours, but with a bit more "exclusive" versions of the colours like ocean blue and bordeaux metallic for the blue and red, respectively and the more classic "Olympic white".

It's just a way to make them differ. Black is always black and you can't have a "Standard Strat" without offering it in black, but with the other colours it could be any way as long as there is a slight difference to set them apart, hopefully making the more expensive one seem more luxurious.

By the sound of it, you're comparing the MIM Standard to American Special.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
I don't know about THAT, but they make great human beans.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
In your opinion yes, but other people may have different taste.
If everyone liked the same colour then it would be easy for the manufacturer though
It is because your brain processes the colors and you like them better
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate