I am a beginner regarding audio interfaces and DAWs. So I just started playing around and I used Lepou plugins and man it sounded bad. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but it really sounded screechy and bad. I have some experience with Guitar Rig 5, and I liked how that sounded compared to this. I can't seem to find an easy tutorial online on how to achieve a great tone using Studio One. Can anyone recommend plugins or settings that I can use? Thank you so much!

I have a Presonus iOne Audio Interface.
Are you using an IR loader such as Poulin's Lecab or Ignite amps NadIR? If not that could explain why your tone is so screechy. Lecab and NadIR are free and they work great. For IR's head over to http://www.guitarampmodeling.com they have lots of stuff to get you started.
Yeah, you're doing something wrong. The LePou stuff, in my experience, sound a lot better than Guitar Rig. They're at least on par.

You describing the tone as "screechy" does make me think that you're not using an IR loader as Shaun said.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Its all in the mix, Happy. Its all in the MIX. Its all in the MIX.
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

Quote by hahahahaha014
I am a beginner regarding audio interfaces and DAWs. So I just started playing around and I used Lepou plugins and man it sounded bad. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but it really sounded screechy and bad. I have some experience with Guitar Rig 5, and I liked how that sounded compared to this. I can't seem to find an easy tutorial online on how to achieve a great tone using Studio One. Can anyone recommend plugins or settings that I can use? Thank you so much!

I have a Presonus iOne Audio Interface.

Load up Ampire, it is built-in guitar amp sim into Studio One. They have some guitar presents also on the dropdown menu on the tracks. let me know how you fare on that one, I might be able to share some presets.

Ampire loads IRs so you can get something like Kalthallen cam IRs and load them in there.

What style of music are you looking for?

There's also Guitar Rig free which is fully functional, has a decent JCM800 emulation and a few effects. For what they're giving free it is quite good, you can download it and try it.
Last edited by diabolical at Feb 9, 2016,