Page 1 of 2
So I was watching some modern rock bands. It wasn't heavy metal it was just rock 'n roll I think it's called indie .

They couldn't play very well the singers either could not sing or were bad. So I thought I'd try and get into the lyrics and the lyrics were even worse. I'm not exactly a poetry critic but I know crap when I hear it.

There was nothing poetic it was just stupid trash. It was like Capt. beef heart only not as absurd. I like Capt. because it so like that. These indie bands however, punk kids trying to be deep or at least sound like they know something and have been around the block and through the wringer. It was disgusting.

I like the sex pistols. John Leiden was pissed off and had something to say. Didn't matter the singing was good matter of fact it was so bad it was good, in this way he knew what he was doing. These dorks have no idea. Just because you're making a bunch of racket with guitars and amps if you say something over the microphone it doesn't give it deep meaning. They should quit and make room for somebody that's good.

I'm talking about Jules Holland. I've seen some amazing great music on that show but not lately. It also seems to be recorded in a different room. I'm hearing a lot of low mid mud and natural room reverb which muddies up the sound more.
Yep
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
ok granddad

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Jooles my word recognition doesn't know how to spell his name. I'm sure he knows.
By golly I think I'm going to write some poetry like I just heard/

with my arms open wide I welcome you

I have heard but I did not see the explanation

there were times when the doubt filled my mind but I didn't know

I just didn't know, so few

you a blank piece of paper baby waiting to be written upon

you are like bubble wrap waiting to be popped sweetie poo

I'm not even trying and it's better
I'm sure he knows that the bands suck, he's a good musician. That's what I meant. It sounded like I meant he knew how to spell his name.
yope you're gonna need to name these 'indie' bands. You'll be doing a good service.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
There are no bad bands. Only foul tastes.

...Except that Bieber kid, he smells. XD XD XD XD XD XD
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Oh it's a Yope thread!

Yeah for Yope thread!
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Joshua Garcia
There are no bad bands. Only foul tastes.

...Except that Bieber kid, he smells. XD XD XD XD XD XD

Never been to a free entry pub gig, have you?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by korinaflyingv
Beefheart

my man
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
If the bands you mentioned didn't have Jooles vamping boogie woogie piano over the top of them,
I could see how you thought they were crap!
I was gonna say something about hoe yopes an old man who wants kids off his damn lawn but he's actually right.

There are some good, technically proficient indie bands but they usually aren't really indie by the time they release an album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMQetftgEqk
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
OK so that was nice MOR? Indi who knows what that term even means any more.
Watched the last episode of Later (with Jooles) CeeLo Green was really good and ended the show with this magic! What a set of lungs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TkMkGmCCOs

Dan Auerbach was good too, but I'm a big fan of his.
Yeah but john lydon was a phony and has been very open about it for a while.

Also "indie" is a bullshit genre and any band that refers to themselves as such is shit by default.

Pls specify bands.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by ehbacon
What you like:
-Sex pistols

what you hate:
-bad lyrics
-bad singers
-bad at their instruments
-punk kids

Lets play a game called "Find The Contradiction"

Bad Lyrics? Not many would rhyme "god save the Queen" with "fascist regime" in 1977.
Quote by onelove50
Bad Lyrics? Not many would rhyme "god save the Queen" with "fascist regime" in 1977.

And not many people would fuck a baby, but Ian Watkins did.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
i have never mind the bollocks on yellow/pink vinyl i am very punk indeed
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
i think he makes all the obvious lighthearted ones so that we get the shock of the darker ones
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by ehbacon
What you like:
-Sex pistols

what you hate:
-bad lyrics
-bad singers
-bad at their instruments
-punk kids

Lets play a game called "Find The Contradiction"

Nah nah, see it was different back then dude. It was real, man. It had a super SERIOUS MESSAGE, dude. It wasn't just a bunch of punk kids like today that didn't know how to sing, play their instruments or write a song with more than 4 chords....

Hey, wait a tick...
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
why are you comparing "indie" bands to the sex pistols?
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
All art is a product of it's time and should be judged accordingly.

Also indi was never a good term to use because, things like "Bob the Builder" would appear in the indi charts, because how it was funded/released.
Oh if your 5yo boy, "Bob the Builder" is your GOAT. Believe me I have worked in a Nursery (Kindergarten).
Quote by onelove50
OK so that was nice MOR? Indi who knows what that term even means any more.
Watched the last episode of Later (with Jooles) CeeLo Green was really good and ended the show with this magic! What a set of lungs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TkMkGmCCOs

Dan Auerbach was good too, but I'm a big fan of his.

The best natural born singer to come down the pike in a while. I'm going to check to see the names of those bands I thought sucked now since everybody wants to know.

So I saw before the last one did have something really good. I wanted to listen to more of them but they have a name that is impossible to remember. It's a long African name and they are from Africa. They had 2 singers in wheelchairs, they were not using them for a prop. They had a guitar player was doing really cool stuff on an SG.

Here's the names of the bands that suck from last night's show:

Eric Church

Petula Clark- she's old and decrepit she really should quit .

Johnny delusional-

the Alabama shakes- I like the song,Hold On.

But they didn't do that one

Shuan escoffy - respectable singer doing very mediocre music about the troubled times we live in how the people of the world should unite and have like freedom and crap like that

the lone bellows=-singer was giving it everything he had but it wasn't enough.

The unthanks-dismal dreary zombielike

Phoenix- they rose from the ashes to create crap

alunageorge - not worth memorizing the name I'm not kidding

rokia traore-another band from Africa not as good as a wheelchair band but the show's best band I couldn't recommend it but at least it was kind of interesting and not bad.

laura marey - whining with the nylon string guitar zombie singing- broken hearts are for ass holes. Jules Holland must owe her father a lot of money or something.
Last edited by yope at Feb 3, 2016,
Quote by onelove50
Firstly Laura Marley or Marey? Because Marley is brilliant, love her to bit's. As for that wheel chair band you just reminded me how great they were!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCXNP2mBDkY

thank you very much for this ,no way I could remember that name.

I think the last name was Marling . Sorry about the mistake.
Quote by yope
John Leiden was pissed off and had something to say.

no he didn't

unless you're referring to someone whose name is actually spelt like that
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Page 1 of 2