I have never used a Wah pedal before so does anyone know how slash uses the wah pedal in " sweet child o mine " in the last solo ?
not a big slash fan but i'm sure there is a video of him playing that solo somewhere.

i'm not too good at explaining this stuff but i generally use my foot to "drive" the notes, or to "paint" over the notes if that makes sense. picked it up from clapton and hendrix. another technique is to mimic (discreetly or not -your call) the sounds with your mouth and make them with the foot.
Last edited by ad_works at Feb 3, 2016,
wah pedals are all about foot technique. it's not really something you can learn from a video but rather a hands (ok feet) on thing. you'll have to learn the solo and then practice using the wah in the appropriate spots. it will be a matter of synching the wah tone with the notes as you play. this will take some time and practice.
Quote by monwobobbo
wah pedals are all about foot technique. it's not really something you can learn from a video but rather a hands (ok feet) on thing. you'll have to learn the solo and then practice using the wah in the appropriate spots. it will be a matter of synching the wah tone with the notes as you play. this will take some time and practice.

+1

I tend not to like fluffy answers to questions like this but ultimately wahs don't always react in an intuitive way and you really need to get a feel for it in practice. Once you've got a little experience soloing with the wah you'll probably be able to hear better how Slash does it on the record, too.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Quote by K33nbl4d3
+1

I tend not to like fluffy answers to questions like this but ultimately wahs don't always react in an intuitive way and you really need to get a feel for it in practice. Once you've got a little experience soloing with the wah you'll probably be able to hear better how Slash does it on the record, too.

fluffy .
I'm going to give you a really stupid piece of advice on using a wah pedal. It's really stupid. But the thing is... it actually works. Okay. So when you're playing, mouth out the wah sound. Like say "wah" out loud as you play. And then while you do that, match your foot to the sounds you are making. It's really stupid. It's one of those things like counting rhythms or finger patterns that just works.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
So when you're playing, mouth out the wah sound. Like say "wah" out loud as you play.

So it's not just me then! I find this works too