I posted a thread a little while back, trying to get the 2PT trem on my CU24 copy figured out. I realized that I had to fill the existing post holes, and drill new ones, so thats what I did.

I measured the scale length (24.75) and found that fell right at the edge (closest to the neck) of the trem block route hole. So I figured I would drill the post holes as close as I could to the route, without making it too thin/weak, and have a little wiggle room with the intonation.

I've got it all put together now, and everything looks right (and plays amazing), but my problem is, the only way that I could get it to intonate properly was to remove the little screws from behind the saddles,and basically bottom out each saddle (as tight as possible). I'm basically on the fine line of its working right now, but I'm at the end of my adjustment right off the bat.

Is there something I'm overlooking here? This is the first time I've attempted anything like this. I don't really see how I could have drilled the post holes any further back, without barely leaving any room between them and the block route.

Its the wilkinson 2pt trem btw.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Quote by Kevin Saale
Aren't those 25" scale guitars?

This.

The fact that you measured it for a 24.75" scale means you've put the bridge in the wrong place and you'll have to remove the bridge and start over.

This is why its important to do your research.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
As has been said, those are 25" scale guitars, not 24.75" that is why your intonation is off.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
Last edited by N1ghtmar3C1n3ma at Feb 3, 2016,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
This.

The fact that you measured it for a 24.75" scale means you've put the bridge in the wrong place and you'll have to remove the bridge and start over.

This is why its important to do your research.

I measured the scale length, and got 12 - 3/8 in from the nut to the crown of the 12th fret. So 2 x 12 - 3/8 = 24 - 3/4in scale length. I couldn't find any info on the guitar, thats why I measured myself....

I don't see how it could be a 25in scale length with the way the old trem was routed. I mean I don't think it was physically possible for me to put the bridge any closer to the route without breaking through into it (or leaving like 2mm of buffer wood between them).
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
74' Vibro Champ
All the info on those guitars and the problem you're experiencing all point to it being a 25" scale guitar. Given everything we know I think the only conclusion is it's a 25" scale. What did you use to make the measurement?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I used a steel ruler. I get what you guys are saying, I'm just finding it hard to understand, because of the 2 things issues I mentioned earlier:

1. I measured 12-3/8 at the crown of the 12th

2. I really don't think I could have physically gotten the post hole much or any tighter to the route.

The new holes are also about .5cm back from where the original post holes were drilled. I'll take some pics later when I'm off of work.

The only thing I can figure if that the old trem (it was also really wide spaced) was designed completely different from most standard trems, and must have the block hole routed strangle.

I guess I'll have to see about trying to maybe squeeze those post holes tighter to the route next time I change the stings and take it apart. I'm just really, really nervous that its going to cause the wood buffer between the post holes and route to be so weak that it breaks off, and completely fucks the whole thing...
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
74' Vibro Champ
Last edited by red.guitar at Feb 3, 2016,
Quote by red.guitar
I measured the scale length, and got 12 - 3/8 in from the nut to the crown of the 12th fret. So 2 x 12 - 3/8 = 24 - 3/4in scale length. I couldn't find any info on the guitar, thats why I measured myself....

That's all well and good for a guitar that has zero string height, but guitars require a certain degree of string height to prevent fret buzz, and that degree of string height causes notes to sound sharp. So to compensate for this temperament, the bridge has to be moved a bit further back than what the nut-12th fret distance suggests for the guitar to intonate.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Feb 3, 2016,