I have just recently started recording my electronic drums and whenever I reach the 3 minute mark it would just stop and start at the beginning without saving the previous session. I tried it with just guitar and it was able to go beyond the 3 minute mark. I have tried recording 7 times with my drums and it would just do the same thing over and over. I am just wondering what might be the problem. I have a Presonus iOne with Studio One Artist. I have a pretty high end gaming computer with lots of memory so I am assuming that is not the problem. Any advice would be awesome!
Have you set the software to only record for three minutes? I've only really used Cubase and on that you can set markers along the 'timeline bar thing'* at the top that determine when the recording starts and when it ends. When it reaches the second marker it jumps back to the first.

*don't know what that bar is actually called
Quote by derek8520
Have you set the software to only record for three minutes? I've only really used Cubase and on that you can set markers along the 'timeline bar thing'* at the top that determine when the recording starts and when it ends. When it reaches the second marker it jumps back to the first.

*don't know what that bar is actually called

This is likely it. On your recording software along the top bar there should be little triangles or something similar, you typically have to pull the far right triangle quite far down the timeline. That's how it knows when to stop recording, though I personally to just load an effect template I made where the recording limit is something ridiculous like 30 minutes; I then save it under a different name.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Quote by Anthony1991
This is likely it. On your recording software along the top bar there should be little triangles or something similar, you typically have to pull the far right triangle quite far down the timeline. That's how it knows when to stop recording, though I personally to just load an effect template I made where the recording limit is something ridiculous like 30 minutes; I then save it under a different name.

That did not work unfortunately and the only thing I could do right now is to just cut it in the middle and record the second half.
The Start-End markers didn't do the trick?

Maybe something with the arranger track that is new?

Try making a loop in the time section on top that is longer than 3 minutes and see what happens.

Contact S1 support.
Last edited by diabolical at Feb 4, 2016,
Quote by diabolical
The Start-End markers didn't do the trick?

Maybe something with the arranger track that is new?

Try making a loop in the time section on top that is longer than 3 minutes and see what happens.

Contact S1 support.

Thanks I will try those and get back to you!
Quote by diabolical

THIS WORKED! I tried manually moving the markers before, but after disabling it, it actually kept recording until I stopped it! Thanks again everyone!