Page 1 of 2
WTF? Django Reinhardt - had full use of forefinger and middle finger partial use of ring finger little finger was a stub he could use that sometimes playing cords but never used it for playing lead. Is on most serious guitar players top 10 list of best guitar players. Crippled or not.
There was this Beethoven fella who was pretty good.
But I guess nobody's ever........heard.....of him.

Pun intented
Quote by yope
WTF? Django Reinhardt - had full use of forefinger and middle finger partial use of ring finger little finger was a stub he could use that sometimes playing cords but never used it for playing lead. Is on most serious guitar players top 10 list of best guitar players. Crippled or not.

And he was the motivation for Tony Iommi to keep playing after his accident.
Do alchohol and drug addictions count as disabilities?
If so, the better question might be - Who is the greatest musician without a disability
Quote by korinaflyingv
No because booze and drugs make you play better

Blindness doesn't count either then because being blind makes you play better
Quote by EyeNon15

A joke I think?
Quote by EyeNon15
Do alchohol and drug addictions count as disabilities?
If so, the better question might be - Who is the greatest musician without a disability

It's hard enough to get the DSAs or DLA, with chronic back pain or severe Migraine pain or anything that is not physical. So no I don't think alchohol and drug addictions count.
Christian Muenzner.

He has focal dystonia in his middle finger on his right hand, which is crippling for any guitarist. But what he did was adapt a 3 finger technique based on slides and legato.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_M%C3%BCnzner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrdjBSHWO2E
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by K'Nuckles
Jason Becker ofc

cmon, the only thing good about him was that he could play guitar really fast, and he can't do that anymore.
Quote by EyeNon15

I'm not sure that's true, might make you hear better, but play, I dunno. But all the blind musicians I've heard suck anyway.
Quote by EpiExplorer
Christian Muenzner.

+1

Was totally gutted when he left Obscura
I have nothing important to say
Quote by korinaflyingv
cmon, the only thing good about him was that he could play guitar really fast, and he can't do that anymore.

I was thinking about that the other day. I figure that he fits into the whole mediocrity + death = genius thing despite not actually being dead.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by korinaflyingv

But all the blind musicians I've heard suck anyway.

I'll name 100000 shitty musicians with perfect eyesight for every shitty blind one you name.

And really Ray Charles sucks?
Stevie Wonder??
The Feliz Navidad guy????
Clarence Carter....he be strokin'
Andrea Bocelli(sp?)
Mutherfukin Moo dog
Willie McTell
Blind Willie Johnson
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Feb 4, 2016,
Quote by EyeNon15
I'll name 100000 shitty musicians with perfect eyesight for every shitty blind one you name.

And really Ray Charles sucks?
Stevie Wonder??
The Feliz Navidad guy????
Clarence Carter....he be strokin'
Andrea Bocelli(sp?)
Mutherfukin Moo dog
Willie McTell
Blind Willie Johnson

Stevie Wonder just pretends to be blind for the sympathy. He sucks anyway. The rest suck, yes. And I never said perfect eyesight made you less of a shit musician. Learn to read, loser.
Quote by korinaflyingv
Stevie Wonder just pretends to be blind for the sympathy. He sucks anyway. The rest suck, yes. And I never said perfect eyesight made you less of a shit musician. Learn to read, loser.

Nah, you have disqualified yourself from any sort of music evaluation whatsoever.
You suck
Quote by EyeNon15
Nah, you have disqualified yourself from any sort of music evaluation whatsoever.
You suck

How? Because I don't jump on the "oh he's blind let's pretend he's good" bandwagon? It's not like I don't like them because they're blind. Ray Charles can find the keys, despite not being able to see them. That's pretty impressive. But it doesn't make him good.
Last edited by korinaflyingv at Feb 4, 2016,
Quote by korinaflyingv
How? Because I don't jump on the "oh he's blind let's pretend he's good" bandwagon? It's not like I don't like them because they're blind. Ray Charles can find the keys, despite not being able to see them. That's pretty impressive. But it doesn't make him good.

you have really bad opinions
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by korinaflyingv

Nah you suck for a million other reasons besides that.

Though using ANY criteria other than your own personal shitty taste, Ray Charles does not suck.

But you do.
Quote by yope at #33812720

yeah I came here to say this but not really but you know what I mean

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
I am the greatest disabled musician.

I am disabled.

I am a musician.

I am the greatest of disabled musicians.

Quote by EyeNon15
Nah you suck for a million other reasons besides that.

Though using ANY criteria other than your own personal shitty taste, Ray Charles does not suck.

But you do.

Please list them. What other criteria are there? In this discussion there is just my shitty music taste and your shitty music taste. Why is yours less shitty? Does your user name actually mean you have no eyes? If so I apologise if I caused offense. I'm not saying blind people can't make good music. But if you make music, I would imagine it's terrible, whether you have eyes or not.

Quote by wafflesyrup

I am disabled.

I am a musician.

I am the greatest of disabled musicians.

Also this. Except not you, me.
Quote by korinaflyingv

I don't think you've listened to Jason Becker. Check out Perpetual Burn. If you tell me that it's just "fast guitar playing" then you don't know what music is. Might as well call David Gilmour "slow guitar playing" or Brian May "regular guitar playing".
Quote by Paroxysm
Johnny Hiland is blind and he's a fantastic guitar player.

He isn't actually blind. Just legally blind. So he can still see.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by korinaflyingv
Please list them. What other criteria are there? In this discussion there is just my shitty music taste and your shitty music taste. Why is yours less shitty? Does your user name actually mean you have no eyes? If so I apologise if I caused offense. I'm not saying blind people can't make good music. But if you make music, I would imagine it's terrible, whether you have eyes or not.

Sorry I can't tell which of these are rhetorical douche questions and which you expect a reply to so I'll just answer randomly.

Popularity, establishment backing, 3rd party perspective, etc etc. Many more.
Because I factor undeniable truths, for example the greatest disabled musician I've ever heard wasn't even famous, but it would make no sense to include him in this since he never even recorded a song.
It means I have only one eye you dummy.
You should have expected it when you cleverly call someone a loser like it's cute.
Yes, more stone cold logic.
EyeNon

Does that mean you don't have eyes or at least eyesight.

EyeNon is blind. No wonder why he can't read well.
Quote by theogonia777
EyeNon

Does that mean you don't have eyes or at least eyesight.

EyeNon is blind. No wonder why he can't read well.

It means I have one eye you fat cunt.

I can't get in trouble for that because it's clearly been established that I'm blind so there's no way I could see anyones posts and call them a miserable fatty twat.

I'm blind, also I can't read so no way i could have typed any of this post, so don't blame me if someone gets offended.
I'm just a blind guy that can't read. Not even braille.
Damn. Have you been stalking me in the fashion and picture threads and stuff?
Quote by GFraser
I don't think you've listened to Jason Becker. Check out Perpetual Burn. If you tell me that it's just "fast guitar playing" then you don't know what music is. Might as well call David Gilmour "slow guitar playing" or Brian May "regular guitar playing".

I think you might be wrong! It's not just fast guitar playing. It's also quite reasonable music. But nothing more than that. He is only held in high regard because he used to be able to play fast. If he couldn't, nobody would have ever noticed him. Because his music is fairly good. Nothing more. David Gilmour is precisely that, he has some moments of greatness though and was part of a band that was very very good at times. He is total crap now though. Not to mention his fucking adopted cunt of a son almost destroyed a few hundred quid's worth of recording gear I was borrowing off a friend, because he's a reckless fucking prick of an animal (great fathering, obviously). And Brian May is a cock. One good guitar solo.
Quote by EyeNon15
Sorry I can't tell which of these are rhetorical douche questions and which you expect a reply to so I'll just answer randomly.

Popularity, establishment backing, 3rd party perspective, etc etc. Many more.
Because I factor undeniable truths, for example the greatest disabled musician I've ever heard wasn't even famous, but it would make no sense to include him in this since he never even recorded a song.
It means I have only one eye you dummy.
You should have expected it when you cleverly call someone a loser like it's cute.
Yes, more stone cold logic.

If you consider those reasonable factors, then yeah, Ray Charles is GREAT. SO GOOD. But I prefer to listen with my ears not my eyes (which is probably what Ray would have wanted).
If you only have one eye, you are technically a loser, unless you were born without it that is.
Page 1 of 2