Right I've had a gear epiphany today. I have 3 amps lying around that I don't use, so will be selling them in order to get a simple 1-2 channel amp for blues/jazz.

-Looking for an american clean, that suits pedals (a few overdrives, delay, compression, boost kinda thing)
-Something that will hold up for bedroom jamming and small-medium sized gigs (up to 300 people)
-Decent built in reverb
-New or Used
-Budget £1000 or less I'd say

As predominantly a rock/metal player who has favoured a more complicated set up, this is new territory for me so any advice/suggestions would be lovely.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
^ Yeah that seems like a really good shout
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
American cleans in the UK? Ouch!

You might consider a Carvin Belaire or Nomad.

Also, pedals along these lines:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WN_o5OAYXI&sns=em
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKA-q4z_rto&sns=em
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWCF4UX4I7Q&sns=em
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
American cleans in the UK? Ouch!

You might consider a Carvin Belaire or Nomad.

Also, pedals along these lines:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WN_o5OAYXI&sns=em
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKA-q4z_rto&sns=em
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWCF4UX4I7Q&sns=em

Haha Yeah I know.

Was looking at the Clean boost by Keeley, but will check those out too thanks
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
I should have asked: what style of electric blues are you looking to play? Clean? Dirty? Both?

And what's your axe situation?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Feb 4, 2016,
Yeah a bit of a mixture. I'm a fan of Mayer/SRV/Bonamassa mainly. Ideally thinking clean with a few OD's and Boost in front of it for leads.

Currently I'd use either my Light Ash Strat or my Suhr for this rig, but may sell my Light Ash and get an American of some sort down the road
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by I K0nijn I
What does a used Mesa Lone Star run in the UK?

my list seems to be Fender Deluxe Reverb and Lonestar for higher end (although even used Lonestars I've found have been about £1300+) and hot rod deluxe III for a mid price option
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Peavey Classic 30 or even a Valveking with a speaker change will work very well. both have dirt channels that can do blues breakup and they take pedals very well. the clean channels are pretty decent as well. my VK has worked pretty well for blues rock peter green / bluesbreaker clapton type tones (no iti doesn't nail it but gets me something that works).
i always mix them up but would a laney VC30 or LC30 fit the bill?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Shredx
Yeah a bit of a mixture. I'm a fan of Mayer/SRV/Bonamassa mainly. Ideally thinking clean with a few OD's and Boost in front of it for leads.

Currently I'd use either my Light Ash Strat or my Suhr for this rig, but may sell my Light Ash and get an American of some sort down the road

Looks like your axe is covered. I doubt you'd need to sell that Strat, and the Suhr is probably a beast for blues.

However, were I you and I DID decide to sell the Strat, I wouldn't overlook UK guitar makers. I live in Texas, and have my pick of Strats and many clones. I imported a Blue Label Fret-King. The last time he visited, I showed that FK to an in-law of mine who is a gigging musician with a Bill Lawrence Strat from the 1970s, and he was impressed.

hot rod deluxe III for a mid price option

I have one. GREAT cleans. Terrible OD channel. If you go that route, you'll want to ignore the OD channel and depend on quality pedals.

Which reminds me...Magnetic Effects and Thorpy are 2 pretty good UK pedal makers.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
I have one. GREAT cleans. Terrible OD channel. If you go that route, you'll want to ignore the OD channel and depend on quality pedals.

Which reminds me...Magnetic Effects and Thorpy are 2 pretty good UK pedal makers.

Yeah I have experience with them so know of the OD channel

Willing to try a Peavey Classic 30 and Laney LC30 too
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by dannyalcatraz

Examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S7cysfMLLo&sns=em

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKrTaXiSyGY&sns=em

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0n0nGn6qh4&sns=em

And another OD you might like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSaCfdncjC4&sns=em

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Feb 4, 2016,
Quote by Shredx
my list seems to be Fender Deluxe Reverb and Lonestar for higher end (although even used Lonestars I've found have been about £1300+) and hot rod deluxe III for a mid price option

Okay, didn't know. :-) I got my Lone Star a couple of years back for the equivalent of a thousand GBP, hence my question.

A Dual Showman might be nice, or an older Twin if your budget allows those. That Vibrolux reissue they make might be something to look into as well. Should be around your budget new and well within it if you could find one used.
Are you absolutely certain that you want an American sounding amp? You are in the UK so you have easy access to a good 18W Marshall clone. There are two camps in the Blues world, those who prefer Fender Deluxes and those who prefer Marshall blues amps like the 18W'er and JTM45's. I am one of the latter guys.
Neither of the Marshalls have a reverb but being a non-MV amp you could always just stick a Reverb pedal out the front of it.

http://www.valvepower.co.uk/18w_amp.htm
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I don't know what it is about Marshall, but I havn't played through one that I like both channels on at all. Maybe I havnt been playing through the right things, but from my experience (albeit limited in this area) I've much prefered the American voiced stuff.

And thanks danny will check those links out
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
18W'ers are a single channel amp with about the best picking dynamics of practically every amp on the market, hence why they are so popular amongst blues players. If you need a second channel, just use a boost pedal. Or just take advantage of the dynamics and dial the amp in properly.
I do like Fender Deluxes but I'd take an 18W Marshall every time (or a JTM45 if I needed more volume). I am a bit biased though.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I think you should at least try what Cathbard suggested as well. I have less experience with the 18W Marshalls, but the JTM45 is one of my all-time favourite amps.
Quote by Cathbard
18W'ers are a single channel amp with about the best picking dynamics of practically every amp on the market, hence why they are so popular amongst blues players. If you need a second channel, just use a boost pedal. Or just take advantage of the dynamics and dial the amp in properly.
I do like Fender Deluxes but I'd take an 18W Marshall every time (or a JTM45 if I needed more volume). I am a bit biased though.

I am not adversed to a single channel for this amp I'm looking for. If I come across one to play through I will try one out for sure
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Well, there goes all YOUR punk cred.

I do play other stuff too.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quick update:

Played a few Fender Deluxe reverbs and fell in love with them. Still would like to try out a Lonestar, but seems unlikely I'll be able to get the funds for that.

Also fairly set on getting a Keeley Katana clean boost, but still need a 2nd OD, Delay, and Compressor (I do have an old Boss CS2 but its noisey as hell and battered)
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
I played a Deluxe Reverb as well the other day. Great amps for sure. I'd take it over a LoneStar if you don't need the higher wattage and flexibility the LoneStar offers, if I'm being honest.
I'm going to walk out on a limb and say that the Egnater Renegade might be something you like. The cleans can dialed in to do the bluesy thing very nicely (fat and bell like chime at the same time), and you might need a dirtier sound to do the more Bonamassa side of things. All you would need is a tubescreamer, analog delay, and wah to do the rest.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
Quote by Shredx

Also fairly set on getting a Keeley Katana clean boost, but still need a 2nd OD, Delay, and Compressor (I do have an old Boss CS2 but its noisey as hell and battered)

Personally, I've never been a huge fan of ultra-clean boosts- the cleanest I own is a T-Rex M.A.B. OD- so I'd probably go for the Keeley Katana Blues over the Katana. And besides that, the Thorpy or the Dr. Know I mentioned would also be really good for blues and blues rock, IMHO.

Besides the Kilobyte I recommended earlier, the MXR Carbon Copy and Line 6 Echo Park are inexpensive but capable & well-built delays. If you want a real Cadillac of a delay pedal, the Red Witch Titan is quite nice. See also offerings from Strymon and Eventide.

Earthquaker Devices has the Disaster Transport Jr, Disaster Transport, and Disaster Transport Sr family of delay pedals, each set to compete at a different price & performance level.

Just thought of a quick potential issue - I'm usually an Fx loop guy and just realised the Deluxe reverb doesn't have one.

So other than my ISP Decimator G string not working, should I be concerned with running the delay in front etc - as there is no internal gain channel or anyhing I'd imagine it'd be fine?
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special