Page 1 of 2
I'm paranoid about this stuff. My wife broke it. It fell down and shattered on a shelf containing my vitamins and medicines I threw them away except the ones I really need. I covered up the carpet with blankets until we change the carpet which are going to do anyway very soon.

It was one of those little 14 watt Curly Q jobs. I did everything I can do open up the Windows lost all areas the glass could've come in contact with.

Question: is it really anything to worry about or am I paranoid. I know when I worked at Walmart we had to handle these things like they were anthrax.

Anybody who knows about this would help greatly if I could have their input. The main thing I want to know is it as bad as they say.
You are going to die from Neon poisoning

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
A few months ago one of the fluorescent lights in our ******* ceiling (it was one of the ~3 foot long tube ones) started sparking and smoking. Like the entire ******* was filled with smoke.

It was pretty scary.

EDIT: Obviously I am referring to the room in which food is stored and prepared.
The ~5 milligrams of mercury contained in the bulb can only affect you if you internalize it somehow, and since I'm betting you didn't eat the remains, you're probably ok.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/green-science/cfl-mercury.htm/printable
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Feb 4, 2016,
its nbd, just make sure you have your will written down

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by Arby911
The ~5 milligrams of mercury contained in the bulb can only affect you if you internalize it somehow, and since I'm betting you didn't eat the remains, you're probably ok.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/green-science/cfl-mercury.htm/printable

they contain less that nowadays. The Mercury is vapor. I read it stays in the air anywhere 10 to 85 days.

Everything I read was scary except one place said you get more Mercury from eating a tuna fish sandwich.

So I don't know I did everything I can do to clean it up and the windows are going to stay open for a while.
Thank you Arby
they aren't as bad as all the hype is about them. just like the black mold......I worked at an old bakery years ago. it was a warehouse setup with 7 foot long florescent bulbs that weren't covered with the plastic guards on them. one of the bulbs had been flickering for a few days and out of nowhere it exploded over my head and showered me and all the dough I was working with at the time. I didn't even know they could do that.
Why would you throw medicine away? If its packaged up or in a bottle then its fine. Unless you just have naked pills laying about...
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by Jackintehbox
you have a wife?

Please address this.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
Please address this.

You can order anything on the internet...
Charles Darwin
Eek!

You should go into the bathroom and shut off the lights. If you can see your heart glowing through your chest, see a doctor immediately!
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by JamSessionFreak
its nbd, just make sure you have your will written down

and that I'm in it
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
you've already died yope
You are just imagining that you are on UG

The fact that you can get such deadly lighting in your house is all part of some Illuminati conspiracy to kill people for no particular reason
I have nothing important to say
Last edited by JackSaints at Feb 4, 2016,
Sooper paranoid.

Just vacuum that shut up and maybe wear shoes when you're walking through that area for a while.

Also, do you just keep your pills and vitamins loose in a trough or something? Why'd you have to throw a bunch away?
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Not the best place to ask this question...
Originally posted by Joshua Garcia
I just come here to dick around.
And maybe occasionally wave my dick around.

My D is major
Quote by jwmcdaniel97 at #33814408
Not the best place to ask this question...

He's dead now, so it doesn't matter.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
I'm not letting this wife thing go until I have answers.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by WCPhils
do you not own a vacuum?

you're not supposed to vacuum because it spreads gas. Let's say I've got 13,278 Mercury molecules in my carpet and with both windows open all day long in this room let's say I've got 11 mercury molecules floating around in the air. If I were to vacuum I would have about 2707 Mercury molecules floating around in the air perhaps 10,168 Mercury molecules in my vacuum cleaner and the rest would still be in the carpet. Something like that anyway that's my understanding of it about how works something like that ,

anyway point is everything I read said you don't vacuum or use a broom. I really don't know what you're supposed to do. Luckily we already had a preset agenda to have the carpets for out of this place this month. I'm keeping a contaminated area covered with old blankets.

This is all probably just paranoia. I doubt if there's anything really to worry about. I can't help it.
Last edited by yope at Feb 4, 2016,
i
hate these

fluorescent
lights
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I think they expect them to get broke now and then. put your shirt over your mouth, open the windows and vacuum it up...almost anything like this is only gonna hurt you if its prolonged exposure. don't mark my word. i'm not responsible for your death
Last edited by mattedbird at Feb 5, 2016,
Quote by yope
This is all probably just paranoia. I doubt if there's anything really to worry about. I can't help it.

You didn't need the word "probably"...
Charles Darwin
Quote by yope
Something like that anyway that's my understanding of it about how works something like that

В словах есть что-то неприличное.
Quote by Arby911
You didn't need the word "probably"...

no, not that ,not even a phobia because it is a rational fear ,obsession ,maybe .Could I be in denial about being phobic ? If I ignored the slight danger Id be in denial also ,you cant win .
Why the spaces before commas and periods? The correct format is a space (or two, archaically) after the punctuation.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
eh it's just mercury. what's the worst that could happen?
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Pure paranoia, you'll be fine man. Back in highschool me and my friends used to bust florescent lightbulbs for fun. We'd pick up the broken ones up and break them some more and then take the glass dust and sprinkle it on people that walked by and I'm still perfectly healthy. No mercury poisoning or anything like that for me.
Florescent light breaks is my new band name, and in-house panic will the title of the EP
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by FunkyPunk666 at #33815575
Pure paranoia, you'll be fine man. Back in highschool me and my friends used to bust florescent lightbulbs for fun. We'd pick up the broken ones up and break them some more and then take the glass dust and sprinkle it on people that walked by and I'm still perfectly healthy. No mercury poisoning or anything like that for me.

did you break them with your head or something?
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by Bladez22
did you break them with your head or something?

We broke some of them over each others heads so yeah sometimes. Most of the time we'd just chuck them or stomp on them though. School's should not leave breakable things unattended.
I feel better thanks everyone .The reason for the incorrect punctuation is I am an idiot .
Quote by yope
I feel better

I doubt it.
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Page 1 of 2