Hi, just received a used VP Jr. Pedal seems to work fine, but when I push all the way forward, when there is still about 1/2" of movement left, there is an audible "click".

I've never had one of these pedals, so I don't know the answer to this, but is this normal?

I assume there is something wrong.

Thanks for the help.
I'm just gonna throw out a suggestion. I believe that pedal uses a string to rotate the pot. I may be that it needs adjustment because you are hitting it's limit at that 1/2" point and past that you are mechanically stressing the mechanism.
Quote by fly135
I'm just gonna throw out a suggestion. I believe that pedal uses a string to rotate the pot. I may be that it needs adjustment because you are hitting it's limit at that 1/2" point and past that you are mechanically stressing the mechanism.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. 3 forums, including Ernie Ball, and only one response.

I looked closely at it, and it seems it must be in the volume pot. When I pull string to side slightly and move pedal it is fine for a couple movements until the string centers itself again.

I've requested a refund, which I hate doing. I wish it was a simple fix.
Ebay/Paypal will help me out with this... in time.

Thanks again for taking the time.
Is it a click, or is it closer to a popping sound? A dirty pot might do that. Some contact cleaner, and vigorously working the pot back and forth usually cleans it out.
Quote by Roc8995
Is it a click, or is it closer to a popping sound? A dirty pot might do that. Some contact cleaner, and vigorously working the pot back and forth usually cleans it out.

It is a definite physical "click". Sounds exactly the same every time. Can even feel it when it happens. Nothing to do with signal, as it happens when nothing is plugged in.

I didn't want to risk removing the string and twisting the pot myself, because I would probably have never been able to get it back on.

I can't tell exactly where it's coming from. But is sounds like something is "catching". Like bumping into something, then giving way. That's how it feels too. Very hard to explain.

I don't think it sounds like a dirty pot, myself. There is a pulley in front of the pot, and if I slide that pulley over (it moves), the sound goes away until the pulley/string centers itself again. Maybe like 2 times I can push the pedal down before it starts up again.

As a mod do you know why my name shows up so ridiculously instead of how it shows up in my profile?
Last edited by Sigur Rós at Feb 5, 2016,
Hm. Have you tried inspecting the spot where the string unspools on the pot shaft? There's only so many places something could be catching. I'd think the pot shaft, the pot itself (dirty or damaged trace) or maybe the hinge/pivot for some reason has a dent or a notch in it.

Not sure what's going on with the name. I'll ask an admin if special characters are working as intended.
The replacement strings are pretty cheap and they are not all that difficult to remove and replace. I've done it on an EB before. But since you have have the chance to return it only you can assess your risk factor.

But if you decide to keep it and can't deal with the click, then search for online instructions, pick up a replacement in case you can't reuse the current string, and go for it. You might find some binding in the pot that could be fixed by cleaning (DeOxit) or a badly adjusted string. If you monkey with the string and don't get it right you can keep retrying over and over until you do. One common issue was the volume not going to zero or max. It's a simple mechanism and once you know how it works you should be able to figure out any kind of issue.