Today in the mail I received a very special package. In it was a PRS Santana treble pickup. Fellow UGer Stickymongoose was gracious enough to give away a couple pickups in the GB&C forum and I was lucky enough to get one. I probably wouldn't have made a thread for just a pickup, but I really wanted to give a shout out to Stickymongoose for being awesome. Without further ado here is the clip:

https://soundcloud.com/kevin-james-535228310/new-pup

Excuse the shitty playing. The first half is the old duncan designed pup that came with the guitar (MIJ Jackson Dinky from 96) and the second half is the PRS pup. All of that into my PODxt, SLO100 model into the V30 cab setting. Not a huge difference, but I can definitely tell when playing that things are a little clearer and little more articulate. And hell, its just fun as hell modding things, amirite?

Again, big thanks to Stickymongoose, super cool on his part.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Last edited by Kevin Saale at Feb 4, 2016,
What a nice guy. Changing pickups can be a subtle difference but also an important one. Your tone got a lot less harsh with the PRS pickup, for sure.
Quote by Jmoarguitar
What a nice guy. Changing pickups can be a subtle difference but also an important one. Your tone got a lot less harsh with the PRS pickup, for sure.

Definitely a class act thing to do. The only bad thing is now I have major gas for a new neck pup, a new amp, a new guitar.... Such is the life XD
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
nice I saw that thread, that was a really nice thing for him to do
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
to mongoose for being a cool guy!

and nice clip and HNPUD!
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Wow, that's sweet, kudos to Stickymongoose. I'm jealous though, there was a thread a year or so ago of some idiot giving away a 6505, I smelled cow pie but took the bait for the hell of it, there was a fraction of a percentage of a chance that the guy had half the class of Stickymongoose. I'm still waiting...any day now, lol.

Happy new pup day, sounds cool. A pupgrade can make you fall in love with a guitar all over again.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Sounds pretty sweet Kevin. Love me some VH in the morning. Sounds like the PRS pup is a bit fatter sounding to me

Also yeah cheers for Sticky. It's always nice passing along stuff you have no use for anymore. Especially with guitar stuff.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.