Hi Everyone!

I'm having some real trouble with my distortion pedals.

I have a Ibanez Tube Screamer, Suhr Riot and MXR Badass all running through a Boss Noise Suppressor NS-2. There is no loud hiss or fuzz or anything, but if I activate two pedals at once, for example the Riot with the Tube Screamer, there is this really loud high pitch noise or squeal, at the NS-2 does nothing.

I thought it might be the cables or the power source, but changed everything around with no luck.

Any suggestions?? Any help would be very much appreciated.
Hooper drives the boat chief...
I think you're using too much distortion dude. The NS-2's for suppressing low volume string noise and feed-back. It essentially mutes your signal until it gets loud enough to break the threshold, once the threshold is broken you hear everything. The issue has nothing to do with the NS-2 and what it is or isn't doing, it's the combination of ODs and distortions.
Looking at your amps, I agree with what's already been said. I think you're running too much. What sound are you trying to achieve to have you engage multiple dirt pedals?
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
I don't know... Stacking OD and distortion is not rare. If you are using a clean channel, it shouldn't be too much distortion. I mean, boosting a distortion pedal with an OD is basically the same as boosting a distortion channel of an amp with an OD.

Loud high pitched squeal to me sounds like there's something microphonic. It may be your pre-amp tube. It may also be your pickups (especially if they are single coils). Try different guitars. Try turning the guitar volume completely off. If the squealing noise doesn't go away when you do that, it is most likely your pre-amp tube that has gone microphonic.

I don't know why it should matter but if you remove the NS2 from your chain, do you still get that high pitched squeal?
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
I am 99% sure the problem is too much gain.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
i am in agreement with everybody else thinking you are using too much gain.

so, what are you running for settings on the pedals on the amp? the more detail, the better we can help you.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/