Dx100,
Sounds like a cut & paste job at 0:58 (though perhaps I'm wrong). I recommend trying a loud cymbal right at that point to distract the ear. Otherwise it sounds pretty good overall. Parts of it are really cool! There were times I wish it had some good vocals. Interesting ending. I liked it. Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1695931
Yes aaron, no copy and paste haha, appreciate the listen I have given feedback oln your thread. I enjoyed the 2 songs not to much my style like I stated but I appreciate the musicianship
Nice guitar work. I must say, I'm not the biggest fan of that synth at the beginning, but I really like it in the part around 1:10.
Nice harmony at 1:34. Really liking the riffs at 2:28. Some cool riffing afterwards here as well. Want's me to start headbanging. Nice atmosphere in the outro bit. Have you thought about adding vocals to it? That would be nice
Great effort!

Wanna check mine out? Maybe not your style, but would be nice with some feedback.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1696265
Really like this intro man, reminds me a bit of Metallica (One, Fade to Black, Nothing Else Matters, etc). I'm also glad it's not just another Metallica like song and that you're putting your own touches and other styles in there.

Some killer riffs, incredibly varied in feel throughout which does add interest. I think it needs melody on top in places with either vocals or another instrument however, just to give it more depth. Let the melody tell the narrative where riffs and chords create the setting. Production wise it sounds top notch!

Cheers again for the comment on mine man.
Soothing intro, I think the sound effects might be a little too loud at the beginning but as soon as the synths start the song has a really great atmosphere. The change at 0:58 sounds a little sloppy, but the riff following it sounds good. I'm a sucker for those piano passages in between riffs, as a pianist myself The speedy stuff from 2:05 onwards is really cool. Overall there are a lot of cool riffs and stuff everywhere in your song! The drums really groove most of the time, the bass feels tight. I don't really like how the outro has those loud sound effects again, as they feel too different from the rest of the song imho.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1696341
Mixing sounds great, almost professional! The arrangement of song reminded me of stuff from Death Magnetic with tempos and different riffs jumpin from here to there. I'd say this song can take many plays and it gets better all time.

I don't care about synths in Metal but that's my problem.
Cool melancholic piano coupled with effects. I love what you're trying to do but I thought the synth sounded a bit "off" sorry, but apart from that the harmonies and rhythm guitar are solid. I love the reoccurring piano as I mentioned before you effortlessly move between tempos and styles, 2:38 is awesome man, I got goosebumps I can only imagine it in a live setting, I love the deconstruction at the end with only the sound effect remaining.
I'm a huge fan of work, I can only say keep it up and i'm excited to hear more and thanks for your crit too
Last edited by Poisonouspot at Feb 22, 2016,
Quote by Poisonouspot
Cool melancholic piano coupled with effects. I love what you're trying to do but I thought the synth sounded a bit "off" sorry, but apart from that the harmonies and rhythm guitar are solid. I love the reoccurring piano as I mentioned before you effortlessly move between tempos and styles, 2:38 is awesome man, I got goosebumps I can only imagine it in a live setting, I love the deconstruction at the end with only the sound effect remaining.
I'm a huge fan of work, I can only say keep it up and i'm excited to hear more and thanks for your crit too

Hey man I appreciate the critiques noticed you did it on someone elses page by accident haha. guitar of choice is Gibson les paul studio, I record through Cubase and use metal machine by ez drummer. then I have just Yamaha keyboard and fender bass, stienberg interface ran through a behringer mixer