Hi,

So I bought a new Logik stereo and speaker set, and I've been playing it through an Aux cable from the iTunes on my laptop. The first thing I noticed when I got home and started playing it is that the music sound 'weak' or 'boxy' as if it wasn't receiving the full signal or something..
So what I did was set my laptop output to MONO and then put the balance all through the right speaker. Now it sounds fantastic; nice bass and clean mid/high range.

Does anyone know why this is? Or how I can get BOTH speakers to sound as good through a stereo output?

Thanks a lot.
Last edited by RajjaJroach at Feb 5, 2016,
Try posting in recording next time.

Can you blend from the hard pan to a center mix? Maybe you can tell at what point it sounds boxy or whatnot. It may also be that one set of speakers is meant to produce only the midrange frequencies, something like a crossover. But I am not sure about that.
Are you sure the cable was plugged in correctly?
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Quote by Gatecrasher53
Are you sure the cable was plugged in correctly?

Try plugging it out and in again, if this doesn't work, it could be a problem with your amplifier.
If that's the case I don't really know how to fix it, maybe some of the lads here know what you need if it's the amp?
Thanks for the replies.

I've panned it with my laptop to the R speaker and then to the L speaker and they both individually sound great, full and work fine; it's just when I set the output signal to the centre that they sound weak, and as if they're not receiving a full signal..
That happened to me because the cable connecting the bass unit to the stereo speakers is dodgy and only works when it's bent to a certain angle. Been that way since I got it. Hence replaced with bog standard studio monitors.

You know, it never hurts to try.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by EpiExplorer
That happened to me because the cable connecting the bass unit to the stereo speakers is dodgy and only works when it's bent to a certain angle. Been that way since I got it. Hence replaced with bog standard studio monitors.

You know, it never hurts to try.

Thanks for the reply; so in my case do you mean change the AUX cable? (That connects my laptop to the stereo-CD-player-unit etc.; See my guess is, because it's new, that it's a signal thing rather than a cable thing(?) Do you think I may have wired the speakers wrong?