I'm a lefty, so I won't be able to play the model before I buy it, most likely.

Should I try to find a used traditional? Or go with a new studio? Something else?

I don't want minitune or p90's. Color isn't that important but I don't really like any kind of wood figuring (good, save $) or bursts.

I *think* I want a rounder 50's profile rather than 60's slim taper neck.

I don't know enough about the difference in pickups to make a decision. Of course I want it to sound good, but pickups can be swapped eventually. I'm primarily concerned with playability.

So if you had $1,000 in this position, what would you do?
Last edited by RyanMW2010 at Feb 5, 2016,
Given that you only play left-handed guitars, your options are going to be very limited.

You can try and find something like a Traditional, but far fewer people play left-handed than right-handed, so good luck finding someone whose willing to sell one. For most lefties, because their options on what guitar they can buy is so limited, they tend to stick with what they have simply because there's little other option.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
new studio is over a grand so you'd need more cash. not sure how much extra a leftie version would be. most likely you'll need to go used on this. you might want to look at a high end Epi i know they have a version that has a full maple cap and is loaded with Gibson humbuckers that has gotten good reviews.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
If you're getting one new(and not able to try it first) make sure you get it from somewhere with a good return policy. I read some articles about Gibson slipping in quality but still ended up ordering a Les Paul. I got it an the neck was twisted and some of the frets were off.

Luckily, I was able to swap it out and took a shot in the dark at a Schecter Banshee(I had never even played a Schecter before but I heard so many good things about it).. A little more costly, but well worth it.
You have quite a few options in that range(not sure about lefty tho). Just be care if you buy new.
You can get used studios for 600-700. Finding a lefty might be a bit difficult though.

No way I'd buy a new for 1200. I got a mint used one for 600.
You might be better served getting a lefty LPclone from a company like Agile or Carvin.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
You might be better served getting a lefty LPclone from a company like Agile or Carvin.

Exactly. If you're not set on a Gibson check out the lefty Agiles on the rondo site.
Hey guys, im also looking for a LP which around 1k and i also dont like minitune (btw im right handed)Actually, i allready found some nice guitars and i would like to hear your thoughts.First one is a Gibson LP studio '05 pretty solid and comes with orginal case for 850$ and how about '16 faded ones? They like 1k euro in my country but the things i don't like about Gibsons are; first the back is 3 pieces and second i think they are overpriced.I dont want to pay for the logo on headstock, i can be happy with a Cort cr custom if it sounds nice.Anyways heres my favorite guitar i really want to buy this one :
http://france.lagguitars.com/electriques/roxane/1500/-honey-mahogany-satin-p488976,2/
This one is solid mahogany body {khaya} pickups are well, i allways liked tone of mahogany.It's an French guitar so hard to find it, even if i order it now, i can get my hands on it after 120 days.
heres one video about LAG roxane 1500 master:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00uSj_yeuPg
i think sounds cool ^^
Quote by liveofwar
Hey guys, im also looking for a LP which around 1k and i also dont like minitune (btw im right handed)Actually, i allready found some nice guitars and i would like to hear your thoughts.First one is a Gibson LP studio '05 pretty solid and comes with orginal case for 850$ and how about '16 faded ones? They like 1k euro in my country but the things i don't like about Gibsons are; first the back is 3 pieces and second i think they are overpriced.I dont want to pay for the logo on headstock, i can be happy with a Cort cr custom if it sounds nice.Anyways heres my favorite guitar i really want to buy this one :
http://france.lagguitars.com/electriques/roxane/1500/-honey-mahogany-satin-p488976,2/
This one is solid mahogany body {khaya} pickups are well, i allways liked tone of mahogany.It's an French guitar so hard to find it, even if i order it now, i can get my hands on it after 120 days.
heres one video about LAG roxane 1500 master:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00uSj_yeuPg
i think sounds cool ^^

You will do better starting your own thread.

But $850 for a used studio is too much, I wouldn't pay more than $600 for one in good condition. But it seems your not in the US, so your used prices will be different (and probably more expensive)

LAG seems to have a good reputation and it might be a better value for you
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I agree with danny on this one. For $1000 you could do a semi custom from Agile and get very nice guitar to boot and probably have some cash left over. Or you could check out some of the in stock Carvins. Might go a little higher than $1000 though.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7(*for sale*)
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Last edited by paruwi at Feb 8, 2016,
i'd go with an edwards myself, they aren't impossible to find and the qc is great.
Can vouch, Eddy's are pretty great. Love mine.

Although the left hand Elitist LP looks pretty sweet too...
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.