Hey fellow musicians, I recently bought a used Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR and am having a problem out of it I think. I'll start by saying the guitar is almost like brand new. The guy who had it is very well off financially and has Les Pauls and PRS's so he took very good care of it and only sold it because he didn't play it much anymore. I had my local Guitar Center do a complete action setup on it. Played it and it produced great clean sound but I couldn't get any distortion out of it. Took it over to my uncle who has played heavy metal for 20+ years and he plugged it up to his Marshall JVM half-stack and couldn't get it to make the dirty growling distorting sounds but yet he could plug his carvin up to it and it would be noticeably louder and had tons of distortion on the same exact amp settings. What could be going on? The guy said the 9V battery was new so I know its not that. Any help would be appreciated. Figured I would ask ya'll before I shelled out 200$ for some new emg's. Thanks in advance everyone.
I actually had this same problem with an LTD M300FM. I could get a heavier sound but never did I get what I wanted. This has me curious too. Check all of your wiring and make sure everything is nice and secure
Baby Joel's rabbit profile picture is kinda cute. #TeamJOEL
Quote by HarleyDC
The guy said the 9V battery was new so I know its not that.

He SAID the battery was new, but people say a lot of things. Try changing the battery
"the guy said" the battery was new... Don't gut the wiring before trying a new battery. it could have been new when he put it in....a year ago, and sometimes batteries die for no apparent reason...like people. The battery may be fine but it's still the simplest thing to r&r and that way you remove the possibility of a weak or dead battery and then go from there. G'luck
Scarred for life!

Rig:
Gibson LPC
Jackson DK10D
Fender HM Strat
Custom built Tele-type
Alvarez 5040 Koa
Epiphone 12 string
Blue Voodoo 50
Dunlop 213 slide
Fender M-80 chorus
Digitech Jimi Hendrix Experience
While you're at it with the electronics, unless the EMGs are the X series, do the 18V mod, it's easy.
You'll thank me later.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Thanks for the input guys. I tested the battery and it does have pretty much 100% juice left in it. I also checked the wiring in the switch area and found no problems. Haven't pulled the pickups yet to check connections there but that may be my next thing that I check. It's shocking how his carvin is so much louder and more powerful on the same amp settings. I figured if any amp would bring out that in my guitar, his marshall should. Many things I have read online have talked about people using a pedal specifically for distortion.
Quote by Sakke
While you're at it with the electronics, unless the EMGs are the X series, do the 18V mod, it's easy.
You'll thank me later.

And no they aren't the x series. I'll check out that 18v mod if its not to complicated.