i'm currently using a Solid State Amp and I want to step it up to tube amps
i don't really know the differences between SS Amps and Tube amps but I do know its a BIG differences
I got only 300$ budget i'm willing to go for both used or new
Wattage of the amp can be anything
My current gear(if you guys need to know for some reason)
-Schecter Banshee Active
-Zoom G1XNext
Here is something I look up
-BUGERA BC-15
-Kustom Defender V15 Head
-Blackstar HT-1RH Head
-Orange Micro Terror Head 20W
Last edited by joseph24 at Feb 6, 2016,
Besides the Kustom Defender, none of those amps are all tube, they are hybrid (tube and SS)

give us this info and we can help you better

Budget? - What is practical for you and what is your limit?

Genres? - What style do you play mostly, fav guitarists, do you need cleans, etc?

New or Used? - Lots of great amps out there used, especially in a down economy.

Home or Gig? - Also important. Maybe you do both. Jamming with a drummer can be considered 'gigging' but you won't have a PA etc.

Closest City? - We aren't here to stalk you but we need to know where you are in the world roughly and we can help further if we know what city you are in (ie craigslist, local shops, Guitar Center used section, etc)

Current Gear? - Also good for us to know.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by joseph24
I got only 300$ budget i'm willing to go for both used or new
Wattage of the amp can be anything
My current gear(if you guys need to know for some reason)
-Schecter Banshee Active
-Zoom G1XNext

-BUGERA BC-15
-Blackstar HT-1RH Head
I thought i already say that
Quote by joseph24
-BUGERA BC-15
-Blackstar HT-1RH Head

I thought i already say that
And as Robb already said, those aren't valve amps.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
Quote by joseph24
-BUGERA BC-15
-Blackstar HT-1RH Head

I just copied that and reposted it on your thread

yes, but what type of music do you play?
if you want jazz cleans then an amp geared towards metal is not going to be a good choice. and the same is true if you want a metal sound, you want an amp that is made to do it.

where are you located?
$300 in the USA will get you certain gear, but in other countries that same gear is 3x the price.

these were the questions I was really wanting answers to so we can help you better
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Feb 6, 2016,
First of all u need to learn the difference, wich is the fact that tube amps work with lamps which make better sound, but only the blackstar ht and the kustom defender are tube. . the rest is hybrid, which means EITHER the preamp(the part that colours the sound and does the equalizer) or the poweramp(where most of the distortion comes) is tube and the other one is solid state . But if you want a full tube amp that plays metal (i assume that's what you like from your schecter banshee) the Randall rd series , blackstar ht and htmetal series(two different versions )vht special ultra(don't forget the ultra part) are good full tube metal amps. check them all in youtube. but I personally think Randall rd and blackstar htmetal are winners.
Quote by ariyankazem
First of all u need to learn the difference, wich is the fact that tube amps work with lamps which make better sound, but only the blackstar ht and the kustom defender are tube. . the rest is hybrid, which means EITHER the preamp(the part that colours the sound and does the equalizer) or the poweramp(where most of the distortion comes) is tube and the other one is solid state . But if you want a full tube amp that plays metal (i assume that's what you like from your schecter banshee) the Randall rd series , blackstar ht and htmetal series(two different versions )vht special ultra(don't forget the ultra part) are good full tube metal amps. check them all in youtube. but I personally think Randall rd and blackstar htmetal are winners.

Almost all of this is inaccurate.

Original poster - if you want help please answer the questions.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by ariyankazem

not really, the Blackstar HT is Hybrid

Tube amps work with tubes not lamps
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
First of all tubes are pretty much lamps i don't know it technicaly but they look like very much alike, also tell me what I'm wrong about so i could learn, i know most of it by general talking with guitarists so i don't much of it accurately . But with new gear those ones are all i find as i personally was looking for the same amp same budget
Quote by ariyankazem
First of all tubes are pretty much lamps i don't know it technicaly but they look like very much alike, also tell me what I'm wrong about so i could learn, i know most of it by general talking with guitarists so i don't much of it accurately . But with new gear those ones are all i find as i personally was looking for the same amp same budget

well tubes look like lamps/light bulbs,but they are designed very differently and perform vastly different tasks.

The HT series has clipping diodes in the signal path of the dirty channel. The amp also lacks a tube Phase Inverter and uses a SS PI instead. Not a bad thing, but they were originally marketed as all tube which they are not.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Besides the Kustom Defender, none of those amps are all tube, they are hybrid (tube and SS)

give us this info and we can help you better

Budget? - What is practical for you and what is your limit?

Genres? - What style do you play mostly, fav guitarists, do you need cleans, etc?

New or Used? - Lots of great amps out there used, especially in a down economy.

Home or Gig? - Also important. Maybe you do both. Jamming with a drummer can be considered 'gigging' but you won't have a PA etc.

Closest City? - We aren't here to stalk you but we need to know where you are in the world roughly and we can help further if we know what city you are in (ie craigslist, local shops, Guitar Center used section, etc)

Current Gear? - Also good for us to know.
+1. With nothing but the original post, I will suggest a used Peavey Valveking. From TS' original amp listing, it looks like he wants distortion capabilities.

Also, a lot of those amps are heads, which means you need to have a proper rated matched speaker cabinet to hear sound. You will probably get a combo amp at $300.
Quote by ariyankazem
Okay. Lamps are similar to tubes in that they require the filaments and other internals to be in vacuum sealed glass envelope. The similarities pretty much end there. The preamp is where the majority of tone coloration happens, but most of the distortion comes from there as well. The power amp is mostly just amplification of the signal so that it can drive a loudspeaker, and sometimes amps will have EQ features in the power amp.
Last edited by Will Lane at Feb 6, 2016,
Quote by Fumble fingers
so you can't put a automotive Halogen headlight bulb into V1 circuit ??..lol

I heard black lights give a nice scooped tone XD

come on original poster, give us more info so this thread gets back on track.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Quote by Maidenheadsteve
I heard black lights give a nice scooped tone XD

come on original poster, give us more info so this thread gets back on track.

Come on guy's, everyone knows that you've gotta go incandescent to get that old school, vintage sound
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H