mrmo,
Started out as surf-y rock, then surprised you broke into a very good Satriani/Vai lead guitar. You also surprised me with the Chuck Berry riffs towards the end. I liked it a lot! Tasty guitar & bass playing. I met Dick Dale after one of his concerts a few years ago, and he was surprisingly chatty with people. He enjoyed the attention. Please review my music at this link (you might prefer "Bad Force 2" if you gravitate towards surf-ish music):

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1695931
Definitely surf rock intro. Reminiscent of Dick Dale and The Reverend Horton to me. Then kicks in the, yep I can agree, Satriana lead guitar. Enjoyed this piece a lot. Yep, could also see the Berry influence too. Everything worked as it should have, at least to me

-Sharky
Thanks for the crit!

I love that surf-y intro! The early 60s vibe I get from the backing instrumental is really spot-on and the guitar leads are fantastic, I love the harmonics and whammy bits! The track stays really fresh the whole time while maintaining that vintage vibe.
hot damn, this is fast and it rips! As soon as I heard the hi hat count in I knew I only had a split second to fasten my seat beat and by the time I reached for it, it was too late. This track hits the trifecta of great tone, great composition, and great playing. I can't imagine any person not already on their feet could possibly remain seated when the breakdown at :38 hits. This song has more sweet licks than a tootsie pop. The solo at 1:33 is quite satriani esque to me, not only in the lead but in hearing the bass chugging along in the background as well. Your knowledge and mastery of this type of music is clear in the composition. It breaks at all the right times to avoid sensory overload from the bpm and give a moment to process, and anticipate what's coming next. At 2:38 when the guitar is basically left on it's own the fullness of both the tone and the riff are unquestionable. If you don't mind my asking, I'd love to know your setup for this song because the guitar sounds fantastic. This song is a lot of fun to listen to, I'm thankful that you shared it and I found it!

here's a c4c link if you want to check out my music. these songs are probably at the opposite end of the spectrum from Hurry Up! so I'll be especially interested to get your perspective on them
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1694526
Yes very good work. It reminds of some 70's classic rock. This song is a beast I really enjoyed it man. love your style keep up the great work. your guitar tone is perfect for this type of music
See, me, I never really got the entire deal behind endorsing one's own music in others' sections unless they specifically state it, but I have no problem with it. It's just...weird is all heh

-Sharky
YEEEESS!! I love this.

Surf rock, or even bluegrass?

You are a killer lead player man. There is nothing I can really say critique wise other than it is fucking awesome. Good work man!
Love it man! Amazing tone (strat im guessing) and even better playing...that lead section is just killer...would love to hear more stuff from you in the future!

Cheers! and Rock On Mate!! \\m//
Shsnk!
Quote by jmako
hot damn, this is fast and it rips! As soon as I heard the hi hat count in I knew I only had a split second to fasten my seat beat and by the time I reached for it, it was too late. This track hits the trifecta of great tone, great composition, and great playing. I can't imagine any person not already on their feet could possibly remain seated when the breakdown at :38 hits. This song has more sweet licks than a tootsie pop. The solo at 1:33 is quite satriani esque to me, not only in the lead but in hearing the bass chugging along in the background as well. Your knowledge and mastery of this type of music is clear in the composition. It breaks at all the right times to avoid sensory overload from the bpm and give a moment to process, and anticipate what's coming next. At 2:38 when the guitar is basically left on it's own the fullness of both the tone and the riff are unquestionable. If you don't mind my asking, I'd love to know your setup for this song because the guitar sounds fantastic. This song is a lot of fun to listen to, I'm thankful that you shared it and I found it!

here's a c4c link if you want to check out my music. these songs are probably at the opposite end of the spectrum from Hurry Up! so I'll be especially interested to get your perspective on them
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1694526

Thanks man!

As for the setup:
I used my Chapman CAP10 guitar plugged to my Line 6 UX1 interface. Here I used the Plexi Lead 100 model with a Booster and some Spring Reverb. For the verse/main riffs I used the split bridge humbucker in combo with the middle single coil and for the solo I used the bridge humbucker. The song is recorded in Reaper with EzDrummer as drums
thanks for your crit on both of my threads I do not know if you realized I was the same person haha . I listened to your song yesterday and today just now getting a chance to write this review. You have very good chops for this idk... progressive rockabilly stuff lol. Also you should take this as a compliment a big one because this track sounds like it could've been off the album Tres Caballeros-The Aristocrats with Guthrie Govan with less fusion of course. The mix sounds nice, the solo is so pro and memorable awesome job !!WOW!!. Ill be honest it's not a style that appeals to me though even when someone plays it well like yourself, but that's a personal issue keep on rocking .
hey thanks for going into such detail about your setup, I appreciate it! Again, it sounded exceptional
Chapman guitar, nice. Line 6, even nicer. I don't have knowledge of humbuckers, so I can't say anything. Programmed drums, alright. Overall, nice work

-Sharky
Loved it! I was hearing some metal guitar vibes mixed with country rock, what an excellent mix. Very accurate playing, too!

Too bad I couldn't play this loud right now but I bookmarked it. Definetely listening it again.
First off, Thanks so much for reviewing my work. I really appreciate your feedback and I believe you made some really good points.

I dove into listening to your track without really knowing what to expect. I'm not really familiar with this style, but your playing is very technical and the musical phrasing here is very well done. The lead work at 1:35 sounded so fluid and facile. Very effortless. 2:04! I'm not sure what's going on here, but that was sick! The transition at 2:12 sounded a little off to me.

As far as areas that can be improved (or enhanced), I think some vocals would really solidify this track.

Cheers!
Hellyeah!!! Brilliant! I love it! The guitarwork is simply fantastic; so energetic an yet with tons of feeling! Surfer's been snorting some major lines off of his board before going ballistic on his poor guitar; must have been bleeding from his nose afterwards!
Look forward to hearing lots of more stuff from you!
Very nice guitar playing, guitar tone and good overall sound. I really enjoyed it! Some transitions seemed out of place though, so that could be something to work on. But overall a really good track!