Same thing , His father owned a pool hall. He showed great talent at very young age he had to stand on crates to play some of the most renowned pool players of the day when he was a kid and he gave them a run for their money.
He holds the record for most balls run in straight pool, 526. The record still stands after like 50 years. It is thought it will never be broken.
15 times world champ and a few of those championship matches were won after he suffered a stroke.

Unlike Fisher he was totally sane . The moral is becoming the best chessplayer in the world makes you crazy but not so with pool.

I got past the first rack playing straight pool once and ran 20 some balls. So I'm one 26th as good as Willy. Bobby Fischer could probably beat me at chess blindfolded with his hands tied behind his back using his mouth to move the pieces while being tortured shoving bamboo shoots up his fingernails.

I'm going to start a band called the stupid fucking bastards but I could use some more band name suggestions.

This is a double barrel thread, two threads in one, buy one get one free, multitask ! Two threads are better than one.
Quote by yope
Same thing , His father owned a pool hall. He showed great talent at very young age he had to stand on crates to play some of the most renowned pool players of the day when he was a kid and he gave them a run for their money.
He holds the record for most balls run in straight pool, 526. The record still stands after like 50 years. It is thought it will never be broken.
15 times world champ and a few of those championship matches were won after he suffered a stroke.

Unlike Fisher he was totally sane . The moral is becoming the best chessplayer in the world makes you crazy but not so with pool.

I got past the first rack playing straight pool once and ran 20 some balls. So I'm one 26th as good as Willy. Bobby Fischer could probably beat me at chess blindfolded with his hands tied behind his back using his mouth to move the pieces while being tortured shoving bamboo shoots up his fingernails.

I'm going to start a band called the stupid fucking bastards but I could use some more band name suggestions.

This is a double barrel thread, two threads in one, buy one get one free, multitask ! Two threads are better than one.
The Fucking Stupid Bastards
with the debut album
If A Stupid Bastard Falls Down In A Forest, Why Would I Care If He Made A Sound?
who is bobby fischer
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by slapsymcdougal
The Fucking Stupid Bastards
with the debut album If An Ass That Feels Like An Oak Tree Falls In A Forest, Why Would I Care If He Made A Sound?

Fixed
Asses Like Oak Trees

Quote by Baby Joel at #33817640
who is bobby fischer

The Willie Mosconi of chess.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Last edited by ErikLensherr at Feb 6, 2016,
can I be in your band?
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
We watched a play about some legendary match between Fischer and Kasparov, it was great.

Also nice thread, can I suggest DJ Goth Dildo.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Band names:

Harold Penisman and the Free Narcotics Dispensers.

Jockhammer.

Schenkel McDoo and his Band of Jews.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by ErikLensherr
Asses Like Oak Trees

The Willie Mosconi of chess.

so he's like the red grin grumble of pretending to know what's going on?
it's all coming back

cool, i joined an 8-ball amateur league last year

efren reyes and ronnie o'sullivan are bosses

that's all i know
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
real talk, snooker is really fucking hard. I'm a semi-competent pool player, but I can't play snooker for the life of me
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
First of all, Bobby Fish isn't the best chess player of all time. Plenty of the top 10 chess players (rating wise) would smash him. Plus Keres and Tal and Kasparov, even Magnus Carlson could be considered the best chess player of all time. I can't even get close to beating the mother fucker on his chess app.

Second of all, chess doesn't drive you insane, insane people are attracted to chess. It's a theoretical masterpiece.

I don't understand the comparison, did he end the Cold War and defeat Russia with love? I've seen some crazy YouTube trick shots, I'm sure this guy is just ultra consistent. Snooker is an interestin sport as well, was just watching some videos on YouTube.
who, the who of what?
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
snooker i hardly know her
it's all coming back

fischer i hardly know her
it's all coming back

Oh, yes we got lots and lots of trouble.
I'm thinkin' of the kids in the knickerbockers,
Shirt-tail young ones
peeking in the pool hall window after school
Ya got trouble, folks!
Right here in River City!
Trouble with a capital "T"
And that rhymes with "P" and that stands for POOL!
My last pay check was $9500 working 12 hours a week online. My sisters friend has been averaging 15k for months now and she works about 20 hours a week. I can't believe how easy it was once I tried it out. This is what I do..
Clik This Link inYour Browser....

► ► ► ► http://www.FreelanceJoin.com
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
First of all, Bobby Fish isn't the best chess player of all time. Plenty of the top 10 chess players (rating wise) would smash him. Plus Keres and Tal and Kasparov, even Magnus Carlson could be considered the best chess player of all time. I can't even get close to beating the mother fucker on his chess app.

Second of all, chess doesn't drive you insane, insane people are attracted to chess. It's a theoretical masterpiece.

I don't understand the comparison, did he end the Cold War and defeat Russia with love? I've seen some crazy YouTube trick shots, I'm sure this guy is just ultra consistent. Snooker is an interestin sport as well, was just watching some videos on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BliAPzEsao0
Pocket pool is not the same as billiards.

It's quite different in fact.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
When I was a kid "ABC's Wide World of Sports" came on every Saturday and ran for a few hours a week. Most of the time it was an oddball sport, maybe Alpine Skiing, or bowling, even hunting and fishing, that they would show. But SOMETIMES you'd get to watch the Harlem Globetrotters (when they were great) and every year or two they'd match Willie Mosconi and Minnesota Fats in pool competitions. Mosconi always beat the pants off Fats, but Fats never let that stop his loose tongue and big mouth.
Quote by JamSessionFreak
We watched a play about some legendary match between Fischer and Kasparov, it was great.

Also nice thread, can I suggest DJ Goth Dildo.

actually it could've been Fischer and Spasky. iunno, can't remember it was ages ago

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by JamSessionFreak
actually it could've been Fischer and Spasky. iunno, can't remember it was ages ago

Fischer never played Kasparov. He's probably thinking of Spassky.
ok im going with spassky

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
And all week long your River City
Youth'll be frittering away
I say your young men'll be frittering!
Frittering away their noontime, suppertime, choretime too!
Quote by TobusRex
When I was a kid "ABC's Wide World of Sports" came on every Saturday and ran for a few hours a week. Most of the time it was an oddball sport, maybe Alpine Skiing, or bowling, even hunting and fishing, that they would show. But SOMETIMES you'd get to watch the Harlem Globetrotters (when they were great) and every year or two they'd match Willie Mosconi and Minnesota Fats in pool competitions. Mosconi always beat the pants off Fats, but Fats never let that stop his loose tongue and big mouth.

I remember the Harlem Globetrotters back then, I don't know what I like better the humor or the amazing display of skill. Then I see them like,, I don't know 10 years ago?... It was not there.

They had ski jumping on a lot, all kinds of skiing I enjoyed that. I enjoyed the pain of defeat no,"the agony of defeat "it was with the ski jumper falling off the side of the ski ramp at the beginning of each show . That was a really good show. I always looked forward to seeing at. Always something interesting from pole vaulting to weightlifting whatever.

Now the sports shows are just football baseball basketball . Why do sports have to be just those three things? Wide world of sports had it right,... Wide world of sports, aptly named, and entertaining, not men chasing balls.
Last edited by yope at Feb 14, 2016,
Quote by eGraham
who, the who of what?
Yeah.

Something about Hot Pockets. I like Hot Pockets.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line