I want to ad some sort of tremolo to my ESP eclipse, but I don't want to have to do a bunch of drilling and stuff. I found the Kahler 7200, and it looks like it is mounted in a similar way to a Tune O Matic bridge. If I were to get this, could I just put the Kahler on the pegs that are already in the guitar for the Tune O Matic, or is the spacing for them different?

Thanks
http://www.floydrose.com/catalog/tremolos/6:frx-series/frx-preorder
"The FRX is a direct swap for the Tune-O-Matic and stopbar type bridge system, using the existing mounting stud holes and requiring no routing whatsoever. The locking nut mounts behind your guitar's existing nut, in place of the truss rod cover."

Would rather go for this than the Kahler.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by Sakke
"The FRX is a direct swap for the Tune-O-Matic and stopbar type bridge system, using the existing mounting stud holes and requiring no routing whatsoever. The locking nut mounts behind your guitar's existing nut, in place of the truss rod cover."

+1
this will be your best option TS
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
+1
this will be your best option TS

This may NOT be your best option, actually.

You'll definitely want to see and try one of these in person before you buy. I've watched the development of the FRX over 5-6 years now, and I've got Floyds on a lot of guitars (Kahlers on two or three Carvins from the '80's), and it's simply not a great solution IMHO.
OTOH, you might love it. Floyd attempted the "non-invasive" Les Paul Floyd a number of years ago and it was pretty much a failure (which is why you may not have heard of it). Stetsbar has a "non-invasive" trem option as well.

A Kahler trem will require a rout on your guitar of about 7/8" to 1", but will usually fit the existing TOM posts.

The Kahler, a standard Floyd Rose and the FRX will all require the installation of a locking nut or behind-the-nut string lock. This was the issue that blocked the introduction of the FRX for a long time, and eventually Floyd Rose just gave up and admitted that they had to put screw holes in the headstock for the thing to work reasonably well.

I think you may find some decent reviews of the FRX installation immediately after it was done (honeymoon period), but folks that have had "beta test" units on their guitars for a while have been less than effusive with their praise.
Quote by Sakke

I'm assuming you're recommending this without ever having touched one in person...
Quote by dspellman
This may NOT be your best option, actually.

You'll definitely want to see and try one of these in person before you buy. I've watched the development of the FRX over 5-6 years now, and I've got Floyds on a lot of guitars (Kahlers on two or three Carvins from the '80's), and it's simply not a great solution IMHO.
OTOH, you might love it. Floyd attempted the "non-invasive" Les Paul Floyd a number of years ago and it was pretty much a failure (which is why you may not have heard of it). Stetsbar has a "non-invasive" trem option as well.

A Kahler trem will require a rout on your guitar of about 7/8" to 1", but will usually fit the existing TOM posts.

The Kahler, a standard Floyd Rose and the FRX will all require the installation of a locking nut or behind-the-nut string lock. This was the issue that blocked the introduction of the FRX for a long time, and eventually Floyd Rose just gave up and admitted that they had to put screw holes in the headstock for the thing to work reasonably well.

I think you may find some decent reviews of the FRX installation immediately after it was done (honeymoon period), but folks that have had "beta test" units on their guitars for a while have been less than effusive with their praise.

I was meaning for pure ease of installation which is what TS seems to want
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate