Hi, I have TC Electronic Ditto Looper, and even though it's simple to use, I don't like the fact that you need to start playing EXACTLY when you press the recording switch on the looper with your foot! I'd rather if I can press it to arm the recording, but that the actual recording starts when I play the strings. Is there a kind of looper that does exactly that?
Don't think so.
You'll get used to your current looper, however. Like everything guitar, it just takes a bit of practice. You'll appreciate the precision of starting exactly when you hit the switch.
From memory, I think my Boss RC3 said something about auto start in the manual.
I don't use that feature though, try downloading the manual for it to see if it's what you're after.
Try playing the riff time through and then just hit the switch on the down beat when it repeats. That helps me get it cleaner
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by ibanezguitars44
Try playing the riff time through and then just hit the switch on the down beat when it repeats. That helps me get it cleaner

Exactly, this is why acts that use loopers extensively (especially solo acts) do exactly this.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
If I'm laying down a chord progression for solo practicing, I often just repeat on the first chord a few times to nail the timing, then hit the button and go through the sequence.
I know for a fact that there is. But I can't recall which ones other than the looper in the RP multifx.

But my recommendation is that you learn to loop without using that feature.
I forgot to mention: some of the boss loopers can do what you're wanting to do if you decide to go that route
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by ibanezguitars44
I forgot to mention: some of the boss loopers can do what you're wanting to do if you decide to go that route

Don't worry, I already did. I don't think fly saw it either
Yeah, glossed over that. Went back and looked at the manual for my RC-50, and it has it.