Hey guys,

I spent about 1 month away from home, so no playing during that time, but now that I came back I went to turn the amp on and both in the crunch and overdrive channel I'm not getting a proper response volume and distortion wise. Basically, I'm not getting the amount of distortion/volume I should. Guitar has active pickups and I don't have available batteries yet, so I still haven't tried to check if that's the source of the problem, but honestly it doesn't seem like it. Last time I turned it on it worked perfectly. Any thoughts?
How old is the battery? Have you had a cable plugged into the guitar for a while? Have you had the amp plugged into the wall for a while? Have you troubleshooted the cable?
Last edited by Will Lane at Feb 7, 2016,
I'm not really sure how old is it, however I'm just waiting for a new one to check if that's the problem. Still, when the battery is dying I usually get a muddy sound, which is not happening. The sound is clear, only lacks volume and distortion. Yes, I have the jack always plugged to the guitar. No, in the moment of my absence the amp hasn't been plugged into the wall. I suspected of the jack because it has been faulty lately and creates a lot of feedback/noise, but haven't really checked it either, since the only one I have available right now is faulty.
Quote by RuiGuitar
I'm not really sure how old is it, however I'm just waiting for a new one to check if that's the problem. Still, when the battery is dying I usually get a muddy sound, which is not happening. The sound is clear, only lacks volume and distortion. Yes, I have the jack always plugged to the guitar. No, in the moment of my absence the amp hasn't been plugged into the wall. I suspected of the jack because it has been faulty lately and creates a lot of feedback/noise, but haven't really checked it either, since the only one I have available right now is faulty.

If you have something connected to the guitar with active pickups it drains the battery. Always disconnect the cable from the guitar with active pickups when not in use!

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
^+1 your battery is probably dead

plug your guitar into the FX loop return, if the sound is loud then your power tubes are fine and it is something before that like the jack or a 12ax7
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Feb 7, 2016,
Yup...dead battery aha feel kinda dumb since I usually see right away when it's the battery dying, however this time around I didn't, don't know why. Now it's screaming like before. Anyway, ty for the replys.

Quote by MaaZeus
If you have something connected to the guitar with active pickups it drains the battery. Always disconnect the cable from the guitar with active pickups when not in use!

Actually I know that, which is also kinda dumb that I almost never disconnect it ...bah, kinda lazy I guess. Got keep more attention on that, from now on.
Happens to the best of us. While we're talking about the JCA22h, how do you like it? I'm thinking about getting a new mini-head soon and really like what I've heard on YT clips -- but the only thing is I want really good cleans. How do you like the cleans on that amp?
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
I love the amp, specially for the price but bear in mind that I bought it mainly for the drive channel. I still play cleans but they're not a essential part of most things I play. If cleans are a must then I'd probably say don't go for it. They're only decent, but if you're really in for that, then the amp won't make justice in that department. In the end the amp doesn't even have a clean channel, it's a crunch channel. I still can get pretty cleans out of it, but I have to roll the gain all the way down and tweak a lot with the volume knobs on the guitar and I'm only playing at practice levels. If you'd want to play louder keeping it clean would be a problem.