Hi so I wasn't sure where to post this but hopefully someone can help.

I was looking into buy a A/B box and I just had a question. my goal here is to have 2 inputs into one amp that way I can use my loop pedal and not have it effected by my other pedals too. essentially id have my looper on A and the rest on B that way I can have em separate. my question is that is there an A/B box that has both simultaneously playing.

Is this even a thing or am I dreaming here. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
If you put the looper at the end of your pedal chain, would this fix your issue?
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
You can put two inputs into the amp some way or another, but how are you going to get two outputs from the guitar?

Putting the thing last in your chain is the only way to do what you're looking for without splitting the guitar's output somehow.
Last edited by cdgraves at Feb 7, 2016,
Simplest solution is usually the best. Put the looper as the last pedal in your chain. And preferably, if your amp has an effects loop, put it there. That way changing the amp channel doesn't affect the sound.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
i forgot to add on to this. i put it at the end of my chain and it works fine. only issue is that if i have a clean loop and change the channel on my amp, it also switches it on the loop. not a huge deal though
Thread was moved to forum: Guitar Gear & Accessories

(original poster bumped this)
Glad to cross paths with you on this adventure called life
Quote by Jet Penguin
lots of flirting with the other key without confirming. JUST LIKE THEIR LOVE IN THE MOVIE OH DAMN.
Quote by Hail
you're acting like you have perfect pitch or something
Quote by jleblanc09
i forgot to add on to this. i put it at the end of my chain and it works fine. only issue is that if i have a clean loop and change the channel on my amp, it also switches it on the loop. not a huge deal though

Does your amp have an FX loop? If not, the only way of keeping your clean loop clean is to use a distortion pedal instead of changing channels on your amp. Everything after the looper will affect the loop. If you don't want the channel switching to affect the loop, you need to put the looper after the channel switching (this means in the FX loop if your amp has one - if it doesn't have one, the only way to not affect the loop is to not change channels and use pedals instead).
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Boss Line Selector? You have bypass, two loops, and you can select both, with volume mix for them. Probably what you're after.
my amp doesn't have an FX loop, i do have all kinds of pedals tho so i use the regular input. honestly it really not a big deal. i don't mind the way i have it set up now but i just have to remember if my loop that was recorded was on the same channel that it was recorded on.

the loop i use is the boss rc-30 and i love it.
i cant seem to make a new post for some reason so maybe someone here can help me again. i just purchased the ehx electric mistress used. now i tried it by itself with no other pedals and i thought i was gunna blow up my amp. this pedal has two outputs and my amp has 2 inputs so i plugged them both in. main to 1 and the other to 2. i dont think i did anything wrong, then again its the first time ive tried this. is the fault in my wiring or in the pedal?