Page 1 of 1001

ALL PRAISE KOJIMA, OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR
HE WALKS AMONG US, ONE OF US, ALL OF US
HE WILL CAST AWAY FALSE GODS & KONAMI
FOLLOW HIS LIGHT, FOLLOW HIS LIGHTNING
HE SHALL DELIVER US FROM EVIL

This is the thread for ALL gaming. Console gaming, PC gaming, Online gaming.
Is it considered video game related? It goes here.

RULE #23 of the GT - Anything you say can and probably will be turned in to some kind Wii bashing.

RULE #57 of the GT - No one is allowed to post a negative article/link about a game/company/etc that the person dislikes, unless said person has either A. Posted (at least) two positive articles about the aforementioned game/company/etc. or B. Confessed his or her undying love for previously mentioned game/company/etc immediately prior to posting the negative news.

FISHYNOTICE - Please refrain from quoting pictures that other people have posted. It'll keep things speedy. Simply refer to the picture you're talking about, and then make your comment.

2. Also: DO YOUR BEST to not post spoilers. Use personal judgment, it isn't hard to figure out. SPOILER TAGS!

And of course, respect the opinion of everyone.

In the posts below I will be putting up everyone's gaming ID's (including Steam).

If you're not listed, please post your ID in the same format as those in the list, or send me a PM and I will add you as soon as I can. You also might wanna say which games you are playing online, and I'll put those up next to your name.

And if you play World Of Warcraft, THIS is the group for you: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/worldofwarcraft

Gaming FAQ
Thanks to Metacarpi for helping with this

What console should I get?!?!
The best thing you can do is to take a look at existing and upcoming EXCLUSIVE titles for both systems, and see which ones you’d like to play more. At the end of the day, you’re buying the console for your own enjoyment, and it’s a lot of money to spend, so spend it on what you want, not what might be perceived as “cool”!
If you are looking at getting a new console, but don’t really know what to expect from each of them, just scroll down to the console guide below. It will give you some of the basic facts, and can probably answer a few of your questions. For more in-depth thoughts and opinion, just post in the thread.

Is Game X Better Than Game Y?
Yes. And No. Depends on who you ask. Every game has it’s fans and it’s detractors, so there’s no right answer (although if a lot of people are saying Game Y sucks, then the chances are Game X would be a better choice!). Gaming is subjective! One man's trash is another man's treasure!

Do I Need a HDTV To Play My New Console?
Yes, it's 2016. GET WITH THE TIMES!!!!!!!!!

Is This The Right Place To Talk About This?
If it has any relevance AT ALL to gaming, gaming platforms, games, gaming hardware, accessories etc, then this is the place to discuss it!!

So come on in, you’ll find us a friendly bunch, eager to help and discuss all aspects of gaming! One word of warning though, if you get sucked in, you may find it hard to escape!

XBOX Gamertags - -Link

PSN ID's - Link

Wii, Steam, Misc - - Link

AND YOU MAY POST! ENJOY
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Last edited by Demon Wolf at Feb 7, 2016,
i lvoe you kojima-san

surely the 'Do I need a HDTV?' section of the FAQ is now redundant
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by Hydra150
i lvoe you kojima-san

surely the 'Do I need a HDTV?' section of the FAQ is now redundant

I'll make some upgrades, it's more there for nostalgic reasons
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
kids these days don't even know how to spell CRT
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Im pretty sure noone was using those gamertag lists even when the Xbox 360 was a thing.

I'll never remove them considering how much time I put in to collecting and updating those
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Quote by Demon Wolf at #33819503
I'll never remove them considering how much time I put in to collecting and updating those

It's like some kind of social experiment to see how many people want to be put on a list that does nothing.

yes I know I'm on those lists shut up
Quote by institutions
Pretty sure I asked to be put on one of those lists a couple threads ago and you just ignored me

once your Kojima worship reaches an acceptable level, I'll consider adding you
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Furst
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
There doesn't seem to be much gaming discussion here

I played Just Cause 3 for the first time today. I never played 2 much even though I liked it. 3 is mental right from the start.
I have nothing important to say
Quote by JackSaints
There doesn't seem to be much gaming discussion here

I played Just Cause 3 for the first time today. I never played 2 much even though I liked it. 3 is mental right from the start.

All I remember from JC2 is those godawful cutscenes
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM at #33819510
nerds
Quote by steve_muse at #33819523
Furst
Quote by Ichikurosaki at #33819543
shes great
in everything except the 13 trilogy
Quote by Demon Wolf at #33819546
Lightning is basically what you get if you'd try to quantify cool

except that's impossible, so you end up with a character that should be better than she is
Quote by steve_muse at #33819553
sg lightning is supposed to be female cloud except somehow she's ten times worse
Quote by Demon Wolf at #33819559
Cloud is a much, much better character though.
ggg1 ggg3

Last edited by behind_you at Feb 7, 2016,
Lightning is basically what you get if you'd try to quantify cool

except that's impossible, so you end up with a character that should be better than she is
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Turns out a co-workers is also playing TW3 and he's almost exactly where I am and did things in the same order I did them, even. It's funny that we both gravitated to the exact same Gwent decks. Literally both of us are using the exact same deck
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Quote by Demon Wolf
All I remember from JC2 is those godawful cutscenes

It's worth it for the sweet grapple-hooking action and ridiculous chaos
I have nothing important to say
sg lightning is supposed to be female cloud except somehow she's ten times worse
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Cloud is a much, much better character though.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Not to keep a Final Fantasy discussion going but I have somehow ended up with the entire FF13 trilogy on PS3, unplayed except for ten minutes of the first one.
Damn, I need to write a bio for one of my XCOM characters, and I never do that shit. But he is getting ridiculously lucky

He has been through so much and seen so many friends die (and even died once himself )

He just won my last mission for me on the last possible turn. He was my only guy left and had one health, and he had to run to the extraction point and dodge two close range overwatch shots. Of course he made it
The bio thing is genius, makes it even harder to lose them now

Also how the civilians are named, feels bad losing them

Also i lost my best soldier last mission, I had one turn left to gather intel so I had to use Run & Gun except there was four soldiers and a Muton around it. Got the intel, Ltn Evelyn Kelly got slaughtered.

Still have a few good soldiers, mainly my old war survivor sniper and Yegor "Old Man" Sidorov, a former history teacher with a receding hairline who now finds pleasure in shooting rockets at things because it reminds him of his childhood days in Ukraine, when he'd use a slingshot to attack old ladies in the fields.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Lightning would be more cool if Sazh wasn't around being the coolest.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Quote by Victory2134
Lightning would be more cool if Sazh wasn't around being the coolest.

Sazh is the guy who doesn't try hard to be cool and that's why he's cool. Sazh is Sazh.
Quote by Demon Wolf at #33819624
The bio thing is genius, makes it even harder to lose them now

Also how the civilians are named, feels bad losing them

Also i lost my best soldier last mission, I had one turn left to gather intel so I had to use Run & Gun except there was four soldiers and a Muton around it. Got the intel, Ltn Evelyn Kelly got slaughtered.

Still have a few good soldiers, mainly my old war survivor sniper and Yegor "Old Man" Sidorov, a former history teacher with a receding hairline who now finds pleasure in shooting rockets at things because it reminds him of his childhood days in Ukraine, when he'd use a slingshot to attack old ladies in the fields.

I'm a good ways in to the game and I haven't gotten a soldier past corporal

The Avatar counter is also starting to scare me...I need to do more story missions but I'm just not ready yet. I hope I didn't wait too long, I'm making much better progress than my first attempt.